What to do with my SC Eur Non-Ladder gear?

Hi,

Since the recent ladder reset I have about 4 accounts of stuff in SC
Europe Non-Ladder. Of these, 2 accounts are pure mules, one contains my MF
Skelliemancer and 7 other mules and the final one contains 7 play
characters, all equipped with pretty nice gear.

I've considered deleting it all, but I played about a year to gather it on
Ladder #2. I've also considered dumping it all in a public give-away game,
but my 'encounters' with the average B.Net player has not left a feeling
of animosity, and I'm pretty sure the game will be filled with total
idiots grabbing anything they can. I've also considered keeping it, and
try to do some Non-Ladder vs Ladder trades now, or in the future, but due
to the difficulties of doing this, I'm not too happy about this idea
either...

Is there some sort of AGD(2) group effort to maintain a collection of
mules I could donate (the useful part of) this stuff to?

What other options do I have? Is there anyone here interested in some
Non-Ladder stuff, and willing to part with some Ladder #3 gear?

Regards,

Patrick.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the recent ladder reset I have about 4 accounts of stuff in SC
> Europe Non-Ladder. Of these, 2 accounts are pure mules, one contains my MF
> Skelliemancer and 7 other mules and the final one contains 7 play
> characters, all equipped with pretty nice gear.
>
> I've considered deleting it all, but I played about a year to gather it on
> Ladder #2. I've also considered dumping it all in a public give-away game,
> but my 'encounters' with the average B.Net player has not left a feeling
> of animosity, and I'm pretty sure the game will be filled with total
> idiots grabbing anything they can. I've also considered keeping it, and
> try to do some Non-Ladder vs Ladder trades now, or in the future, but due
> to the difficulties of doing this, I'm not too happy about this idea
> either...

Try entering a game such as "Act 1 Quests" or "New to Hell". Once
there, buy everything from Charsi (to clear out all of her display),
then sell EVERYTHING to her, in effect filling up her display
exclusivly with uber gear. Then sit back and wait...

-Jason

Oh, and refuse to lend gold, after all, gold is "worthless".

"Jason" wrote...

> Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since the recent ladder reset I have about 4 accounts of stuff in SC
>> Europe Non-Ladder. Of these, 2 accounts are pure mules, one contains my
>> MF
>> Skelliemancer and 7 other mules and the final one contains 7 play
>> characters, all equipped with pretty nice gear.
>>
>> I've considered deleting it all, but I played about a year to gather it
>> on
>> Ladder #2. I've also considered dumping it all in a public give-away
>> game,
>> but my 'encounters' with the average B.Net player has not left a feeling
>> of animosity, and I'm pretty sure the game will be filled with total
>> idiots grabbing anything they can. I've also considered keeping it, and
>> try to do some Non-Ladder vs Ladder trades now, or in the future, but due
>> to the difficulties of doing this, I'm not too happy about this idea
>> either...
>
> Try entering a game such as "Act 1 Quests" or "New to Hell". Once
> there, buy everything from Charsi (to clear out all of her display),
> then sell EVERYTHING to her, in effect filling up her display
> exclusivly with uber gear. Then sit back and wait...
>
> -Jason
>
> Oh, and refuse to lend gold, after all, gold is "worthless".

How interesting...

But I'm not letting go of my own now-non-ladder characters and mules. I'm
considering the day when Blizzard stops supporting D2 on the realms, and
possibly gives us access to download our characters from their servers.
That day must come someday. All computer games move on to the next
generation. Since I am a more conservative than your average gamer, as
evinced by the fact that PC Moria was my game until last year when D2:LOD
replaced it, I will still be playing this game for a very long time.

But that is a great idea. :)

I play USWest and i just made games that stated, Free in them and dropped
the stuff.... But i had full sets like, Tal Rashas, IK and i also had 2
Gheeds and an Anni. I gave the sets to specific characters (mind you these
were Normal Games so the characters were all little characters). Tals to
sorc, ik to barb. Then when i started dropping runewords, Whoa! they jumped.
I didn't have things super, but Duress, 5 Spirit Swords, 2 Spirit Monarchs,
2 Obedience, Insight, Harmony, Edge, these pplz jumped up and down.

They didn't bother me whether these pplz had bigger characters or not. I
thought it was a good way to help pplz out. Especially when a level 10 sorc
got the Gheeds and Anni. hehe..

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:7648b$43026c6b$82a1d3bf$30131@news1.tudelft.nl...

In article <1124235792.702377.240060@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Jason <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

[About getting rid of his ex-Ladder gear]

>Try entering a game such as "Act 1 Quests" or "New to Hell". Once
>there, buy everything from Charsi (to clear out all of her display),
>then sell EVERYTHING to her, in effect filling up her display
>exclusivly with uber gear. Then sit back and wait...

Hmmm, funny idea, but my intention was not to 'harass' people. I just want
to make sure my gear ends up with the 'right' people, i.e., people who are
going to make good use of it...

>Oh, and refuse to lend gold, after all, gold is "worthless".

:)

Patrick.