Hello I have WD 232GB passport Essential on Windows 7 and one year ago i took the password.
But right now i didn't remember the password. how can i do? how can i remove or change the password to access my documents.
Thanks in Advance
all data on the drive would have been lost. to format follow this:
Gist of it is:
1. Run unlock.exe from the virtual Cd
2. Purposely fail at unlocking it 5 times.
3. Unplug/turn off the passport and plug it back in.
4. The auto-unlock autorun app will come.
5. Purposely fail at unlocking it 5 times again.
6. Check off "I understand that reformatting my drive will delete all of my data", that should un-grey "Format"
I'm not sure if you can skip steps 3/4/5. It seems to indicate you can't.