dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I recently tried to install MS Messenger 5.0. I thought the installation went
fine untill I tried to open a PDF file and the Acrobat splash screen comes up
as well as MS intall trying to reinstall Messenger again. It fails giving me
an error message and then rolls back the installation. My PDF file won't open
without this routine. I can't uninstall Messenger- it only gives me the
option of REPAIR. What do I do?

Greetings Dennis,

To correct this, click Start,then Run, and type the following:
msiexec /x {1F0BD960-6525-4FEE-B577-2473F77F1277}
then click OK.

Then, after uninstallation, reinstall Windows Messenger 5 from:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert