Thawing potions

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then realised
I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or Coldworm
and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??

Also, just wondering, is it worth going from 1.10 to 1.11 if I only play
single player?

cheers

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Pete wrote:
> Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
> potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then realised
> I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or Coldworm
> and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
> that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??

In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.

Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.

Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?

-Jason

actutally thawing and antidote potions increase ur resistances to each by 50
temporarily so they can be useful in certain situations, ie pit vipers in
halls of vaught!!
..

Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Garret wrote:
> Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
> Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.

<OT UseNetiquette>

Hey Garret,

Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
you are responding to.

If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
"reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
better.

Thanks.

-Jason

</OT UseNetiquette>

Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?

Jason wrote:
> Garret wrote:
> > Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
> > Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.
>
> <OT UseNetiquette>
>
> Hey Garret,
>
> Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
> thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
> reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
> sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
> posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
> this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
> you are responding to.
>
> If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
> "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
> better.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jason
>
> </OT UseNetiquette>

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Garret wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
> > thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
> > reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
> > sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
> > posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
> > this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
> > you are responding to.
> >
> > If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
> > "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
> > better.
> >
> Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
> thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
> Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?

I wasn't really trying to single you out personally. It was just your
post that made me think about this. I know others do the same, so you
are not alone here. ;)

Personally, I DO use google, but not everyone does. It's best to post
to the "lowest common denominator", so to speak. It is for this reason
that we post plain-text and not html, for example.

As far as newsgroups go, agd2 is about as laissez-faire as you can get.
Many other groups, for example comp.lang.c or microsoft.public.* tend
to take such offenses MUCH more seriously though.

-Jason

Jason wrote:

<snip>

> In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
> by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
> you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
>
> Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
>
> Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?

Wow! Talk about learning something new everyday ... heh. I didn't
know this, but my Bowazon will definitely be taking advantage of this
from here on out!

Thanks dude!

Pendraig-HKW
Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch
http://hkw.diabloii.net/index.php?l=paladin.php

On 18-Aug-2005, "Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
> Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.

Heh, arrows and bolts drop everywhere all the time, except when you
actually need one or the other, then you will only see the ones that you
don't need. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a pack of monsters
and have that arrow or bolt red icon appear in the top right corner of the
screen, especially if you do not have a good 'backup' on switch.
--
Not 1337.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Cool thanks all, never really considered that before. Will keep that in mind
from now on

cheers

Pete

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Pete wrote:
>> Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
>> potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then
>> realised
>> I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or
>> Coldworm
>> and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
>> that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??
>
> In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
> by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
> you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
>
> Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
>
> Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?
>
> -Jason

eb

"Pete" <ptonks@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Cool thanks all, never really considered that before. Will keep that in
> mind from now on
>
> cheers
>
> Pete
>
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Pete wrote:
>>> Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
>>> potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then
>>> realised
>>> I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or
>>> Coldworm
>>> and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
>>> that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??
>>
>> In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
>> by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
>> you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
>>
>> Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
>>
>> Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?
>>
>> -Jason

I didn't know they stacked!! Now that is usefull information.

EB

Paul

Splendid

"Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
> thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
> Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?

(gag!) NO!!! yech!