Thawing potions

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then realised
I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or Coldworm
and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??

Also, just wondering, is it worth going from 1.10 to 1.11 if I only play
single player?

cheers
11 answers Last reply
More about thawing potions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Pete wrote:
    > Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
    > potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then realised
    > I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or Coldworm
    > and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
    > that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??

    In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
    by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
    you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.

    Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.

    Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?

    -Jason
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    actutally thawing and antidote potions increase ur resistances to each by 50
    temporarily so they can be useful in certain situations, ie pit vipers in
    halls of vaught!!
    ..
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
    Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Garret wrote:
    > Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
    > Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.

    <OT UseNetiquette>

    Hey Garret,

    Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
    thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
    reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
    sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
    posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
    this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
    you are responding to.

    If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
    "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
    better.

    Thanks.

    -Jason

    </OT UseNetiquette>
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
    thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
    Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?

    Jason wrote:
    > Garret wrote:
    > > Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
    > > Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.
    >
    > <OT UseNetiquette>
    >
    > Hey Garret,
    >
    > Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
    > thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
    > reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
    > sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
    > posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
    > this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
    > you are responding to.
    >
    > If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
    > "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
    > better.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Jason
    >
    > </OT UseNetiquette>
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Garret wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    > > Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
    > > thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
    > > reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
    > > sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
    > > posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
    > > this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
    > > you are responding to.
    > >
    > > If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
    > > "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
    > > better.
    > >
    > Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
    > thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
    > Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?
    >

    I wasn't really trying to single you out personally. It was just your
    post that made me think about this. I know others do the same, so you
    are not alone here. ;)

    Personally, I DO use google, but not everyone does. It's best to post
    to the "lowest common denominator", so to speak. It is for this reason
    that we post plain-text and not html, for example.

    As far as newsgroups go, agd2 is about as laissez-faire as you can get.
    Many other groups, for example comp.lang.c or microsoft.public.* tend
    to take such offenses MUCH more seriously though.

    -Jason
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Jason wrote:

    <snip>
    >
    > In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
    > by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
    > you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
    >
    > Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
    >
    > Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?

    Wow! Talk about learning something new everyday ... heh. I didn't
    know this, but my Bowazon will definitely be taking advantage of this
    from here on out!

    Thanks dude!

    Pendraig-HKW
    Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch
    http://hkw.diabloii.net/index.php?l=paladin.php
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On 18-Aug-2005, "Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
    > Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.

    Heh, arrows and bolts drop everywhere all the time, except when you
    actually need one or the other, then you will only see the ones that you
    don't need. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a pack of monsters
    and have that arrow or bolt red icon appear in the top right corner of the
    screen, especially if you do not have a good 'backup' on switch.
    --
    Not 1337.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Cool thanks all, never really considered that before. Will keep that in mind
    from now on

    cheers

    Pete

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1124375410.761215.283110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > Pete wrote:
    >> Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
    >> potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then
    >> realised
    >> I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or
    >> Coldworm
    >> and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
    >> that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??
    >
    > In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
    > by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
    > you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
    >
    > Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
    >
    > Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?
    >
    > -Jason
    >
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Pete" <ptonks@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    news:f_aNe.4159$FA3.865@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > Cool thanks all, never really considered that before. Will keep that in
    > mind from now on
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Pete
    >
    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:1124375410.761215.283110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >> Pete wrote:
    >>> Hi all, just curious to know if anybody out there actually uses thawing
    >>> potions?? I was about to mention antidote potions as well, but then
    >>> realised
    >>> I use them on the very odd occassion, say after killing Andariel or
    >>> Coldworm
    >>> and there happens to be one lying around... but thawing potions? Surely
    >>> that'd have to be one of the most useless drops in the game right??
    >>
    >> In addition to thawing you, these potions increase your cold resistance
    >> by 50% for 30 seconds. The durations stack, so if you take 4 in a row
    >> you will get 50% cold resists for 2 minutes.
    >>
    >> Antidote potions do the same for poison resists.
    >>
    >> Now, can you see a little more use for these useless items...?
    >>
    >> -Jason

    I didn't know they stacked!! Now that is usefull information.

    EB
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1124377793.322265.315940@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > Will do Jason, but know that tons of other people (including in this
    > thread) do not quote before they reply. I'll try to quote from now on.
    > Wouldn't you just rather use google groups too though?

    (gag!) NO!!! yech!


    >
    > Jason wrote:
    >> Garret wrote:
    >> > Most useless items are the normal items that drop from regular kills.
    >> > Either that, or maybe arrows and bolts depending on your weapon.
    >>
    >> <OT UseNetiquette>
    >>
    >> Hey Garret,
    >>
    >> Not everyone has a news reader that shows multiple posts to a single
    >> thread (like gmail or groups.google). I notice that you tend to simply
    >> reply without quoting the relevant bit of the previous post. This is
    >> sometimes confusing to people, since they are required to read multiple
    >> posts just to figure out what you are refering to. Please be aware of
    >> this and try to add your comments below the relevant bit from the post
    >> you are responding to.
    >>
    >> If you are using groups.google to post, then instead of simply hitting
    >> "reply", click on "show options" then "reply". This tends to work a lot
    >> better.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> -Jason
    >>
    >> </OT UseNetiquette>
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games