windows messenger & outlook express

August 30, 2004 11:29:30 AM

Hi
how do I stop windows messenger from starting every time
I start outlook express in windows xp?
I hve already unchecked it in the OE options & in the
messenger options
thanks
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 9:24:45 PM

Greetings Ira,

To stop this behavior, close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenge...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Ira" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> how do I stop windows messenger from starting every time
> I start outlook express in windows xp?
> I hve already unchecked it in the OE options & in the
> messenger options
> thanks
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 9:24:46 PM

thanks
Ira

oe.reg
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004
Jonathan Kay.

>"Ira" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hi
>> how do I stop windows messenger from starting every
time
>> I start outlook express in windows xp?
>> I hve already unchecked it in the OE options & in the
>> messenger options
>> thanks
>

>.

Anonymous