Most unusual and excitingly fun build

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2005 3:21:04 PM

Hey everyone,
This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
builds that show up.
Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.
August 18, 2005 8:59:40 PM

Garret wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
> builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
> experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
> particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
> builds that show up.
> Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
> your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.

Exciting, bizzare, and unusual can usually mean either 1) normal, but
typically unseen builds or 2) whacked out, insane builds.

I assume you want ideas for definition 1, since a polearm-wielding,
only-charges-casting, max-dex, zero-vit sorc, although interesting, is
really not a viable char to build.

With that in mind, I've got a dagger-barb in the works. No masteries!
How 'bout that? I also read here about someone building a two-handed
axe sorc. I was actually thinking along the same lines!

My idea is:

20 Warmth
20 Enchant
20 Shiver Armor (the middle one)
20 Static

Zero energy. Zero dex. Just enought str to wield a 6 socketed ancient
axe, packed with topaz and/or saphires. Rest in vit. Hire a blessed
aim, or a defiance merc, and WHACK, WHACK, WHACK!

-Jason
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:47:15 PM

Garret wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
> builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
> experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
> particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
> builds that show up.
> Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
> your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.

Normally I would say to check strategy.diabloii.net, but they pulled all
of the old builds.
August 19, 2005 8:31:39 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-Garret said exactly the opposite of:

> Hey everyone,
> This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
> builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
> experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
> particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
> builds that show up.
> Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
> your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.

I tend to play assassins, and I had fun last ladder with a kicker using a
ribcracker and upped gore riders for insane crushing blow. She ended up
stuck around early act 3 Hell at lvl 78 because of lack of resists and
the ladder resetting before I could manage to get either a good +2
assassin skills/resists amulet or a ber to make a chains of honor. She
was using Venom, Tiger Strike and Dragon Tail for crowds, Dragon Talon
for bosses (lvl 26 so 5 kicks) and Death Sentry at all times to blow up
corpses and add to general damage and mayhem. In Nightmare she flattens
everything in seconds and in Hell she does better against bosses than
crowds. With bosses I simply click and let fly the Dragon talon and next
thing you know the boss is dead. I posted some stuff about her here or on
agd. You can find it by looking for 'sister salvation' with me as the
author.

On the new ladder I'm building a hybrid leaning more towards traps with
the intention of going max dragon talon (18 so far) max Lighting Sentry
(done) max Death Sentry (6 so far) max Fire Blast (3 so far) and finally
max Charged Bolt Sentry if I manage to level her to 99 (HA! Dream on!).
So far she's level 54 in act 3 NM and having a blast. The only crushing
blow I have is on a short sword with strenght in it, and the best boots
she found so far are rare Demonhide boots which only give 26-46 but when
I enter hell I expect some elite boots to start dropping which should
help.

I don't play a lot and share my time between three chars right now
(Kali's Surprise [assassin, lvl 54] Pasty Fella [summoner/boner necro,
only lvl 12 so far] and Bob the Zealot [guess, lvl 15]) but once she gets
to hell I'll probably post about her adventures then.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-Garret said exactly the opposite of:
>
> > Hey everyone,
> > This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
> > builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
> > experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
> > particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
> > builds that show up.
> > Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
> > your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.
>
> I tend to play assassins, and I had fun last ladder with a kicker using a
> ribcracker and upped gore riders for insane crushing blow. She ended up
> stuck around early act 3 Hell at lvl 78 because of lack of resists and
> the ladder resetting before I could manage to get either a good +2
> assassin skills/resists amulet or a ber to make a chains of honor. She
> was using Venom, Tiger Strike and Dragon Tail for crowds, Dragon Talon
> for bosses (lvl 26 so 5 kicks) and Death Sentry at all times to blow up
> corpses and add to general damage and mayhem. In Nightmare she flattens
> everything in seconds and in Hell she does better against bosses than
> crowds. With bosses I simply click and let fly the Dragon talon and next
> thing you know the boss is dead. I posted some stuff about her here or on
> agd. You can find it by looking for 'sister salvation' with me as the
> author.
>
> On the new ladder I'm building a hybrid leaning more towards traps with
> the intention of going max dragon talon (18 so far) max Lighting Sentry
> (done) max Death Sentry (6 so far) max Fire Blast (3 so far) and finally
> max Charged Bolt Sentry if I manage to level her to 99 (HA! Dream on!).
> So far she's level 54 in act 3 NM and having a blast. The only crushing
> blow I have is on a short sword with strenght in it, and the best boots
> she found so far are rare Demonhide boots which only give 26-46 but when
> I enter hell I expect some elite boots to start dropping which should
> help.
>
> I don't play a lot and share my time between three chars right now
> (Kali's Surprise [assassin, lvl 54] Pasty Fella [summoner/boner necro,
> only lvl 12 so far] and Bob the Zealot [guess, lvl 15]) but once she gets
> to hell I'll probably post about her adventures then.
>
> *-) K.os
> --
> "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
> sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
> point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
> D. N. Adams

Bowsorc - Kuko
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:46:48 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Hey everyone,
>This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
>builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
>experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
>particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
>builds that show up.
>Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
>your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.

Leesee...

Various beekeeper sorceresses.

Various Nova sorceresses.

An inferno sorceress.

A couple of hydra sorceresses.

Ribcracker paladin.

Martyr paladin.

Kicksin.

I'm still also a big fan of holy fire, shock, and freeze zealots, although I
suppose the later two are considered pseudo-cookiecutter, sort of a
cookiedough of Diablo, as it were.

Spearazons and tankazons of various stripes (quite a few, actually, part of
the reason I used to be refered to as "the zon guy" by some).

Volcano druid.

Summoning druid.

Various zealot builds using the "Passion" rune word.

Jedi barbarian (dual light sabres)

Singer barbarian (I geared this one up for +gold find and +magic find more
rather than all out for +skills)

Etcetera.

I play these sorts of things in addition to the usual fanatic zealots,
smiters, the various fireball, meteor, blizzard, orb sorceresses, fury zons,
necromancers, shifter druids, trappers, frenzy barbarians, whirlwinders, and
so on.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:33:34 AM

"Garret" <garretdoe@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hey everyone,
> This is a place where you can post your most bizzare and fun-to-play
> builds for all characters, so that others may try them and relive the
> experience. Currently, I don't think I have any builds that are
> particularly cool, but I'm interested to see the Non-CookieCutter
> builds that show up.
> Basically just post your characters skills, why it was fun, some of
> your experiences, and any items that contributed towards the cause.

I prefer the TITAn barbarian.

Every stat point into Strength !

Maximize damage with skills and
try to stay alive (that's quite hard to do)

MAX Whirlwind, BO, Berserk
Weapon Mastery Clubs
!