I have a steering wheel game pad, with the old game port connector. To
connect this to my Dimension 3000, I have added a SB Live value card.

It all works, but I am now wondering which sound hardware I should use. It
is currently working on the on-board hardware, as I am undecided which one
to use.

Any advice would be helpful, and the best way to turn either off, would
help.

Hamish

"Hamish" <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I have a steering wheel game pad, with the old game port connector. To
>connect this to my Dimension 3000, I have added a SB Live value card.
>
> It all works, but I am now wondering which sound hardware I should use. It
> is currently working on the on-board hardware, as I am undecided which one
> to use.
>
> Any advice would be helpful, and the best way to turn either off, would
> help.
>
> Hamish

I'd disable the onboard sound in BIOS and remove the Soundmax entries in
device manager. You might also be sure that you have the front
audio/headphone cable connected to the SBLive! card rather than the mb....

Stew

??>> I have a steering wheel game pad, with the old game port connector. To
??>> connect this to my Dimension 3000, I have added a SB Live value card.
??>> It all works, but I am now wondering which sound hardware I should
??>> use. It is currently working on the on-board hardware, as I am
??>> undecided which one to use. Any advice would be helpful, and the best
??>> way to turn either off, would help. Hamish

S> I'd disable the onboard sound in BIOS and remove the Soundmax entries in
S> device manager. You might also be sure that you have the front
S> audio/headphone cable connected to the SBLive! card rather than the
S> mb....

I have set it up with the SB Live card with the latest drivers from Creative
Labs, after disabling the on board sound, in the Bios, and all seems well.
There didn't seem to be any references to the old card anywhere after
disabling it.

Thanks