There IS justice in the world

I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the way, a
dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we were in
level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices what he's
doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by Baal". HA! Now,
this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this dude was trying to
screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.

-Jason

jemeade@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
> fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the way, a
> dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we were in
> level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices what he's
> doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by Baal". HA! Now,
> this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this dude was trying to
> screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.

Ha! So karma does in fact *work* from time to time! Hopefully you and
the rest of your party survived...

Pendraig-HKW
Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch
http://hkw.diabloii.net/index.php?l=paladin.php

or he could have been standing still for a period of time and poison or
other trap comes out, that could have killed him.

~misfit~ wrote:
> The Shadow wrote:
> > jemeade@gmail.com wrote:
> >> I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
> >> fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the
> >> way, a dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we
> >> were in level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices
> >> what he's doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by
> >> Baal". HA! Now, this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this
> >> dude was trying to screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.
> >>
> > or he could have been standing still for a period of time and poison
> > or other trap comes out, that could have killed him.
> >
> Excellent point. It could have been a lag-related death and nothing to do
> with the guy/girl trying to 'screw over' anyone. The character may have just
> lagged really badly and been blasted by those blasted things that Baal does
> whilst you're in the WSK if you don't keep moving.

My point was that this game was an experience run, not a "for quest"
run. He was trying to force us all into Nightmare before we were ready,
while stealing our "enhanced drops" (yeah, right) in the process.

-Jason

SoftMan Brian wrote:
> <jemeade@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > My point was that this game was an experience run, not a "for quest"
> > run. He was trying to force us all into Nightmare before we were ready,
> > while stealing our "enhanced drops" (yeah, right) in the process.
>
> What they are saying is, that you can get killed by Baal at any level in
> World Stone Keep (WSK), so he could just as easy have been standing right
> next to you at WSK lvl 2.
>
> If you stand still for too long in any of the WSK levels, Baal will throv a
> "spell" on the place you are standing, even though he is on a completely
> different level. AFIK Baal is the only monster that can kille you in other
> areas than where he is.
>
> if the necro´s connection was lagging, so he was not able to move, he could
> easily have been killed by baal, for standing still at WSK lvl2, and NOT
> trying to screw you over. The fact that he was killed by baal does not in
> any way prove he was anywhere near baal. you can get killed by baal at WSK
> level 1 (one level above where you were).
>
> Remember, Never leave D2LoD with the game running, if you are in WSK, always
> TP to town first.... esp. if you play HC

Oh, now I see. If that's what happened to him, then he really got
screwed by Baal. :(