There IS justice in the world

I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the way, a
dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we were in
level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices what he's
doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by Baal". HA! Now,
this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this dude was trying to
screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.

-Jason
5 answers Last reply
More about there justice world

    jemeade@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
    > fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the way, a
    > dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we were in
    > level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices what he's
    > doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by Baal". HA! Now,
    > this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this dude was trying to
    > screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.

    Ha! So karma does in fact *work* from time to time! Hopefully you and
    the rest of your party survived...

    Pendraig-HKW
    Warrior, Holy Knights of Westmarch
    http://hkw.diabloii.net/index.php?l=paladin.php

    or he could have been standing still for a period of time and poison or
    other trap comes out, that could have killed him.

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > The Shadow wrote:
    > > jemeade@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> I'm in a public (normal) game, smacking down the Ancients. After they
    > >> fall, the gaggle decides to run the Worldstone Keep 2 WP. On the
    > >> way, a dumb necro decides to screw us all over by killing Baal (we
    > >> were in level 2 - he must have snuck off). Anyhow, NO ONE notices
    > >> what he's doing until we get the message "so and so was killed by
    > >> Baal". HA! Now, this is HC, so normally a death is sad, but this
    > >> dude was trying to screw us over! LOL. So very appropriate.
    > >>
    > > or he could have been standing still for a period of time and poison
    > > or other trap comes out, that could have killed him.
    > >
    > Excellent point. It could have been a lag-related death and nothing to do
    > with the guy/girl trying to 'screw over' anyone. The character may have just
    > lagged really badly and been blasted by those blasted things that Baal does
    > whilst you're in the WSK if you don't keep moving.

    My point was that this game was an experience run, not a "for quest"
    run. He was trying to force us all into Nightmare before we were ready,
    while stealing our "enhanced drops" (yeah, right) in the process.

    -Jason

    SoftMan Brian wrote:
    > <jemeade@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > My point was that this game was an experience run, not a "for quest"
    > > run. He was trying to force us all into Nightmare before we were ready,
    > > while stealing our "enhanced drops" (yeah, right) in the process.
    >
    > What they are saying is, that you can get killed by Baal at any level in
    > World Stone Keep (WSK), so he could just as easy have been standing right
    > next to you at WSK lvl 2.
    >
    > If you stand still for too long in any of the WSK levels, Baal will throv a
    > "spell" on the place you are standing, even though he is on a completely
    > different level. AFIK Baal is the only monster that can kille you in other
    > areas than where he is.
    >
    > if the necro´s connection was lagging, so he was not able to move, he could
    > easily have been killed by baal, for standing still at WSK lvl2, and NOT
    > trying to screw you over. The fact that he was killed by baal does not in
    > any way prove he was anywhere near baal. you can get killed by baal at WSK
    > level 1 (one level above where you were).
    >
    > Remember, Never leave D2LoD with the game running, if you are in WSK, always
    > TP to town first.... esp. if you play HC

    Oh, now I see. If that's what happened to him, then he really got
    screwed by Baal. :(

    <jemeade@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > My point was that this game was an experience run, not a "for quest"
    > run. He was trying to force us all into Nightmare before we were ready,
    > while stealing our "enhanced drops" (yeah, right) in the process.

    What they are saying is, that you can get killed by Baal at any level in
    World Stone Keep (WSK), so he could just as easy have been standing right
    next to you at WSK lvl 2.

    If you stand still for too long in any of the WSK levels, Baal will throv a
    "spell" on the place you are standing, even though he is on a completely
    different level. AFIK Baal is the only monster that can kille you in other
    areas than where he is.

    if the necro´s connection was lagging, so he was not able to move, he could
    easily have been killed by baal, for standing still at WSK lvl2, and NOT
    trying to screw you over. The fact that he was killed by baal does not in
    any way prove he was anywhere near baal. you can get killed by baal at WSK
    level 1 (one level above where you were).

    Remember, Never leave D2LoD with the game running, if you are in WSK, always
    TP to town first.... esp. if you play HC

Games Video Games