Windows Messenger 5 - worth the download ?

Greetings Woodzy,

Windows Messenger 5.0 is actually considered a separate product to Windows Messenger 4.7
(although it does upgrade 4.7) and as such, why WindowsUpdate does not advertise it.

Besides the handwriting support and UPnP file transfer, there isn't much new however for
people not utilizing Live Communications Server or an Exchange IM server (in which case you
would be using 5.0 already). Also keep in mind that Windows Messenger 5.0 does not support
Add-Ins (so there's no support for Hotmail, MSN Mobile, etc.).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Greetings Woodzy,
>
> Windows Messenger 5.0 is actually considered a separate product to Windows
Messenger 4.7
> (although it does upgrade 4.7) and as such, why WindowsUpdate does not
advertise it.

> Besides the handwriting support and UPnP file transfer, there isn't much
new however for
> people not utilizing Live Communications Server or an Exchange IM server
(in which case you
> would be using 5.0 already). Also keep in mind that Windows Messenger 5.0
does not support
> Add-Ins (so there's no support for Hotmail, MSN Mobile, etc.).
> Jonathan Kay

OoooHhhh, ok, Thanks, Johnathan!!!

Hi,

No problem =)