Cow Level

Man, with a melee character I can see how this one can turn deadly
quickly, but with my frozen orb sorceress I had no issuse at all. The
cows kept dropping left and right. They couldn't even touch me. I was
kind of disappointed that they hardly drop any good items (in normal)
and that you get hardly any experience from them.

The cow voices are hillarious! :D
7 answers Last reply
More about level

    Christian Winter wrote:
    > Man, with a melee character I can see how this one can turn deadly
    > quickly, but with my frozen orb sorceress I had no issuse at all. The
    > cows kept dropping left and right. They couldn't even touch me. I was
    > kind of disappointed that they hardly drop any good items (in normal)
    > and that you get hardly any experience from them.
    >
    > The cow voices are hillarious! :D

    Any kind of AoE spell (Area of Effect) works well against the cows
    (e.g. cold orb). Normal cows are a breeze...try nightmare and then
    hell! Definitely a lot harder, and you'll definitely get much better
    drops. Cows are not known for giving XP though, they are known for
    rune/gem drops with occasional green or unique drop. Don't kill the
    Cow King, or you won't be able to create a cow level portal again. For
    XP, try Baal runs.

    Garret wrote:
    > Don't kill the
    > Cow King, or you won't be able to create a cow level portal again.

    Too late. :( On the other hand, I heard you are only suppose to be able
    to open it for each difficulty once. I guess that ain't so bad
    considering that nothing valuable was dropped for me in normal.

    I actually gambled a set item I needed yesterdday. Woot! First time I
    got anything out of gambling after spending who-knows-how much. :)

    Christian Winter wrote:
    > Garret wrote:
    >
    >>Don't kill the
    >>Cow King, or you won't be able to create a cow level portal again.
    >

    > Too late. :( On the other hand, I heard you are only suppose to be able
    > to open it for each difficulty once. I guess that ain't so bad
    > considering that nothing valuable was dropped for me in normal.
    >
    > I actually gambled a set item I needed yesterdday. Woot! First time I
    > got anything out of gambling after spending who-knows-how much. :)

    Try the chaos empire mod. You can go back to the cow level even after
    you kill the king, IF you find the waypoint.

    As for gambling? In ce you can gamble sets, rares, uniques, almost
    anything you can find in the game can be gambled. And gold is no
    problem, you can sell a tomb for mega gold and there is something called
    a valuable elixir that is worth mega mega gold! LOL

    On 22-Aug-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > Try the chaos empire mod. You can go back to the cow level even after
    > you kill the king, IF you find the waypoint.

    Huh? It is always right under your feet when you TP in.
    Oh, wait, you mean the town side? (act4)

    > As for gambling? In ce you can gamble sets, rares, uniques, almost
    > anything you can find in the game can be gambled. And gold is no
    > problem, you can sell a tomb for mega gold and there is something called
    > a valuable elixir that is worth mega mega gold! LOL

    That's the one worth almost 500 million right? I think the 'herb' is the
    one that gives you almost 750 million just in case that 500 mil is not
    enough. ;)

    The only real problem with suggesting that people try the Chaos Empire mod
    is that it is for D2LOD v1.10, so if they have not updated to 1.11 yet
    then everything is ok.
    --
    Not 1337.

    this is the link to the site.

    www.chaosempire.info

    there is a wiki there thats worth perusing. Also the forums are very
    informative, english speakers need to go to the "international support"
    threads.

    The mod is available for download from the same site, also the wiki has
    directions on using both CE MOD with 1.10 and 1.11 for bnet on same PC.
    Opensource people will like the section on runing LOD 1.10 and CE MOD
    on linux/unix in the wiki.

    regards
    Grim

    "Christian Winter" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Garret wrote:
    > > Don't kill the
    > > Cow King, or you won't be able to create a cow level portal again.
    >
    > Too late. :( On the other hand, I heard you are only suppose to be able
    > to open it for each difficulty once. I guess that ain't so bad
    > considering that nothing valuable was dropped for me in normal.
    [snip]

    If you dont kill the "Cow King" then you can make the cow portal as many
    times as you want.
    (Its the best for runes above Gul & items to make runewords with)

    If a "virgin" (someone that hasn't killed king yet) is near the king when it
    dies though... ALL virgins in that game loose the ability to make cow level
    (regardless of party/unparty or act's they are in).

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    ArtDent wrote:
    > On 22-Aug-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Try the chaos empire mod. You can go back to the cow level even after
    >>you kill the king, IF you find the waypoint.
    >

    > Huh? It is always right under your feet when you TP in.
    > Oh, wait, you mean the town side? (act4)
    >

    >>As for gambling? In ce you can gamble sets, rares, uniques, almost
    >>anything you can find in the game can be gambled. And gold is no
    >>problem, you can sell a tomb for mega gold and there is something called
    >>a valuable elixir that is worth mega mega gold! LOL
    >

    > That's the one worth almost 500 million right? I think the 'herb' is the
    > one that gives you almost 750 million just in case that 500 mil is not
    > enough. ;)
    >
    > The only real problem with suggesting that people try the Chaos Empire mod
    > is that it is for D2LOD v1.10, so if they have not updated to 1.11 yet
    > then everything is ok.
    Your right about the 1.11. I never upgraded, because I only play CE
    now, so I forgot about that.

Games Video Games