does xp sp 2 come with windows messenger 5 ?

Greetings,

SP2 comes with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000.

See my other post to you about Windows Messenger 5.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Greetings,
>
> SP2 comes with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000.

I can't find any info on microsofts website about the updates to 4.7.3000 I
keep getting redirected to Windows Messenger 5.

Hi,

There is nothing on it; 4.7.3000 removes Hotmail support and adds support for some of SP2's
new security APIs. You can't download it separately.

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> SP2 comes with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000.
>

> I can't find any info on microsofts website about the updates to 4.7.3000 I
> keep getting redirected to Windows Messenger 5.

so how do i get hotmail support back ?

> Hi,
>
> There is nothing on it; 4.7.3000 removes Hotmail support and adds support
for some of SP2's
> new security APIs. You can't download it separately.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>

> "*ProteanThread*" <moc dot sodtr at posys> wrote in message
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> SP2 comes with Windows Messenger 4.7.3000.
> >

> > I can't find any info on microsofts website about the updates to
4.7.3000 I
> > keep getting redirected to Windows Messenger 5.

Hi,

You'll have to downgrade to the previous version of Windows Messenger
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) to get this functionality back.

> Hi,
>
> You'll have to downgrade to the previous version of Windows Messenger
> (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) to get this
functionality back.
> Jonathan Kay

OK, thanks. I wish Microsoft made that clearer.

How do I get the "Accounts" tab back on the Tools>Options
page of Windows Messenger 4.7.3000? Do I have go go back
to 4.7.2009?

Thanks.

meh MSN messenger is heaps better than windows messeger :p

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> You'll have to downgrade to the previous version of Windows Messenger
>> (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) to get this
> functionality back.
>> Jonathan Kay
>

> OK, thanks. I wish Microsoft made that clearer.

i just don't like all the extra doo dads. :)

"chicane" <reply@tothepost.com> wrote in message
> meh MSN messenger is heaps better than windows messeger :p
>
> "*ProteanThread*" <moc dot sodtr at posys> wrote in message
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You'll have to downgrade to the previous version of Windows Messenger
> >> (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) to get this
> > functionality back.
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >

> > OK, thanks. I wish Microsoft made that clearer.

Hi,

I could find people that would debate this with you.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert