Bugged Vipers in Nillys? Believe it!!!

Running Nilly in SC NL. Sam Kinison piddley-assed war cry IK Barb
enters level 3.

With BO Sam has a "meesly" 2881 life. He sees two vipers around the
corner and runs up to the first one and War Cries and his merc stabs
away at it. He attempts the Taunt the other to bring it closer. It
shoots out one those those poison thingees at him. Instantly Sam is
down to a little above a sliver of life. He tries to drink a Full
Purple but the same viper from afar, heads towards him after being
taunted and shoots antoher poison thingees at him and BOOM Sam is dead.

Sam survived these vipers previously three times and recovered his
corpse and had no problem with the rest that were between he and Nilly.

This tells me that I seriously might consider it ill-advised to attempt
entering the area if the vipers are there in HARDCORE - no matter what
types of characters are brought there.

The vipers have a 30% chance to be on the level.

Any other ideas.

Orion

Orion Ryder wrote:
> Running Nilly in SC NL. Sam Kinison piddley-assed war cry IK Barb
> enters level 3.
>
> With BO Sam has a "meesly" 2881 life. He sees two vipers around the
> corner and runs up to the first one and War Cries and his merc stabs
> away at it. He attempts the Taunt the other to bring it closer. It
> shoots out one those those poison thingees at him. Instantly Sam is
> down to a little above a sliver of life. He tries to drink a Full
> Purple but the same viper from afar, heads towards him after being
> taunted and shoots antoher poison thingees at him and BOOM Sam is dead.
>
> Sam survived these vipers previously three times and recovered his
> corpse and had no problem with the rest that were between he and Nilly.
>
> This tells me that I seriously might consider it ill-advised to attempt
> entering the area if the vipers are there in HARDCORE - no matter what
> types of characters are brought there.
>
> The vipers have a 30% chance to be on the level.
>
> Any other ideas.
>
> Orion

Those bastards are incredibly dangerous! The only way i found to make
this area in a relatively safe position, is using my strafezon. One
little step forward then strafe.Another step, strafe, etc. Killing at
distance and avoiding their bugged clouds seems to be an alternative.
By the way, strafe is also good for Nilhi himself. You dont need to get
close, just shoot and stay away from corpse.

Louis

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Orion Ryder wrote:
> Running Nilly in SC NL. Sam Kinison piddley-assed war cry IK Barb
> enters level 3.
>
> With BO Sam has a "meesly" 2881 life. He sees two vipers around the
> corner and runs up to the first one and War Cries and his merc stabs
> away at it. He attempts the Taunt the other to bring it closer. It
> shoots out one those those poison thingees at him. Instantly Sam is
> down to a little above a sliver of life. He tries to drink a Full
> Purple but the same viper from afar, heads towards him after being
> taunted and shoots antoher poison thingees at him and BOOM Sam is dead.
>
> Sam survived these vipers previously three times and recovered his
> corpse and had no problem with the rest that were between he and Nilly.
>
> This tells me that I seriously might consider it ill-advised to attempt
> entering the area if the vipers are there in HARDCORE - no matter what
> types of characters are brought there.
>
> The vipers have a 30% chance to be on the level.

Are these vipers fire immune? I'm working a hydra sorc through
nightmare. If she lives to act 5 hell then maybe she'll be able to
hydra them to death from off screen.

-Jason

33% fire resistant, so you might be able to take them out prior to them
gettting in range.

On that level, flayer shamans and arachs are FI.

Orion

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Orion Ryder wrote:
> 33% fire resistant, so you might be able to take them out prior to them
> gettting in range.
>
> On that level, flayer shamans and arachs are FI.

Blizzard and my trusted merc should be able to handle a few bugs and a
couple shaman. :) I usually cast Hydra on the very edge of the screen.
I'll keep casting until it stops spitting. With luck the vipers will be
dead before they even see me.

Hi there,

> Are these vipers fire immune?

Not that I have seen. My FB sorc takes them in two hits, but I do have
to pop a few antidotes and rejuvs for my merc if he gets to them before
me.

JG