Chaos Empire Mod and 1.11 ?

Hi,

I was hoping for a little advice with regards to the possibility of playing both the Chaos Empire
mod as well as regular LOD with the 1.11 patch.

I know that the two are incompatable but I believe I read somewhere that it is possible to have two
copies/versions of D2 installed and working independant of each other. Can anyone tell me how this
is done? Will simply copying the directory to my secondary hard drive and then updating just the
original work? Are there any modifications to the registry needed?

I don't want to give up the mod but was hoping to get back on battlenet eventually as well.

Thanks for any help,

Julie

----
It's just the wind....

http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#install
--
Not 1337.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:34:15 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> typed out:

> On 23-Aug-2005, "whisperingkeyboard@socketed.yahoo.com"
> <whisperingkeyboard@socketed.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I know that the two are incompatable but I believe I read somewhere that
> > it is possible to have two
> > copies/versions of D2 installed and working independant of each other.
> > Can anyone tell me how this
> > is done?
>
> http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#install

Thank you,

Looks like I'll need to buy another copy of the game,maybe later if the price goes down,playing an
occasional battlenet isn't worth the extra cash since I'm on dialup. I'll just stick to Chaos Empire
then,much more fun (to me) anyway.:)

Thanks,

Julie the Egg Slayer

----