Please - What to Expect with Uber Lilith, Izzy and Duriel?

I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions

uber izzy
minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
everything immune to all but physical

please tell me what to expect with uber lilith and uber Duriel, that is
minions immunities super mods etc etc

Orion

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Orion Ryder wrote:
> I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions
>
> uber izzy
> minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
> everything immune to all but physical

Hmmm... If all you can use is physical, AND IM abounds, looks like
you'll need a good throw barb, blade fury assassin, or amazon. Ugh. I'm
*really* not looking forward to facing those guys anytime soon.

-Jason

Don't forget hammerdin. He would shread them with ease.

Jason wrote:
> Orion Ryder wrote:
> > I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions
> >
> > uber izzy
> > minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
> > everything immune to all but physical
>
> Hmmm... If all you can use is physical, AND IM abounds, looks like
> you'll need a good throw barb, blade fury assassin, or amazon. Ugh. I'm
> *really* not looking forward to facing those guys anytime soon.
>
> -Jason

I have a lot of experience at fighting and killing OKs with a barb
utilizing Berzerk, so I have high hopes for the uber izzy and his crew
going down.

The barb I have plugged to take these uber-slouches on is an IK barb so
the damage will be high. I just have to make sure he is replenishing
his purples as he is doing so with the OKs because he will be getting
hit.

My poor wife is limited to a LF/plaguazon which is pretty useless in
there but if she can stay alive and run aorund and keep her merc alive
and keep recasting her valk and decoy I should be able to take out the
OKs first, then assist her merc and valk with the Pit Lords and then
Izzy.

She is going to say afterwards that all she did was run around and
sweat, but if we suceed and I expect us to, she will then realize how
inportant it is to have someone there keeping certain creatures busy.
Perhaps uber lilith and duriel can find me sending in a conviction
zealot thereby giving my wife a chance to feel like she is contributing
with taking down the beasts of hell.

This will be in SC NL. Do you have any SC NL chars left?

I plan to use these visits in SC NL to scope out the areas so that if I
do get kamikazee enough to try to tackle the ubers in HC with Bongo, at
least I will have some experience doing so beforehand.

With the right characters, gear and planning, I think it could be done
in HC. The question is will my love for the game still be there when
the kamikazee call beckons.

Orion

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Orion Ryder wrote:
> I have a lot of experience at fighting and killing OKs with a barb
> utilizing Berzerk, so I have high hopes for the uber izzy and his crew
> going down.

The only screenie I saw shows Balrogs being immune to all but physical.
If the OK's can be killed with berserk, AND if they are not eligible to
be resummoned, then eliminating them first is highest priority. Maybe a
pally with heavy salvation?

> The barb I have plugged to take these uber-slouches on is an IK barb so
> the damage will be high. I just have to make sure he is replenishing
> his purples as he is doing so with the OKs because he will be getting
> hit.
>
> My poor wife is limited to a LF/plaguazon which is pretty useless in
> there but if she can stay alive and run aorund and keep her merc alive
> and keep recasting her valk and decoy I should be able to take out the
> OKs first, then assist her merc and valk with the Pit Lords and then
> Izzy.

I *guess* (never been there, and have no realm chars in hell yet - I
deleted 'em all about 6 months ago) that you will end up having 2-3
chars do the actual boss killing, and another 5-6 acting as crowd
control and killing minions. An assasin with CoS & SM, amazon with Valk
& Decoy, a bonewall necro, and maybe a war cry barb to howl, stun, and
grim ward would work well for crowd control. That leaves you with a
smitadin or two, iron barb, and maybe a serious strafazon to handle the
bosses.

> She is going to say afterwards that all she did was run around and
> sweat, but if we suceed and I expect us to, she will then realize how
> inportant it is to have someone there keeping certain creatures busy.
> Perhaps uber lilith and duriel can find me sending in a conviction
> zealot thereby giving my wife a chance to feel like she is contributing
> with taking down the beasts of hell.

Yeah, but crowd control is half the battle. (*singing* "G.I. Joe...")

> This will be in SC NL. Do you have any SC NL chars left?

Nope. I'm HCL and SP exclusivly.

> I plan to use these visits in SC NL to scope out the areas so that if I
> do get kamikazee enough to try to tackle the ubers in HC with Bongo, at
> least I will have some experience doing so beforehand.
>
> With the right characters, gear and planning, I think it could be done
> in HC. The question is will my love for the game still be there when
> the kamikazee call beckons.

Bonzai!

-Jason

Orion Ryder wrote:
> I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions
>
> uber izzy
> minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
> everything immune to all but physical
>
> please tell me what to expect with uber lilith and uber Duriel, that is
> minions immunities super mods etc etc
>
> Orion

My pally takes em down in about 20 sec eash. Uber trist takes about 5
mins... if you need help give me a shout @ minus666 / minus667 Or come
ot my clan channel on EAst " Op MW_channel"

--
John Theriault
A+ Network+ iNet Linux+ MCSA MCSE

"John Theriault" wrote...
> Orion Ryder wrote:
>> I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions
>>
>> uber izzy
>> minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
>> everything immune to all but physical
>>
>> please tell me what to expect with uber lilith and uber Duriel, that is
>> minions immunities super mods etc etc
>>
>> Orion
>>

> My pally takes em down in about 20 sec eash. Uber trist takes about 5
> mins... if you need help give me a shout @ minus666 / minus667 Or come ot
> my clan channel on EAst " Op MW_channel"

Would you care to share with us the specifics of your pally's build?

TIA

Brian Kastel wrote:
> "John Theriault" wrote...
>
>>Orion Ryder wrote:
>>
>>>I have seen posts on uber izzy and his minions
>>>
>>>uber izzy
>>>minions = pit lords and Oblivion Knights (he he IM abounds)
>>>everything immune to all but physical
>>>
>>>please tell me what to expect with uber lilith and uber Duriel, that is
>>>minions immunities super mods etc etc
>>>
>>>Orion
>>>

>>My pally takes em down in about 20 sec eash. Uber trist takes about 5
>>mins... if you need help give me a shout @ minus666 / minus667 Or come ot
>>my clan channel on EAst " Op MW_channel"
>>

> Would you care to share with us the specifics of your pally's build?
>
> TIA

Pretty basic build via skills. Exensive gear tho:

Helm - Crown of Ages
Shield - Eth Vortex "Exile"
Wep - Eth "BOTD" Zerker
Ring 1 - Raven
Ring 2 - Carrion Wind
Boots - Gores
Belt - Tgods
Armor - Boneweave "Fortune" - 1598 Def
Gloves - Dracul's Grasp ( 10 ll )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/minus666/Screenshot017.jpg

Annihilus - 19/15/10
Torch - (Sin) 20 Att, 17 Resist

Various other charms for life

With gear I have:

221 Str
183 Dex
379 Vit
85 Eng ( base )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/minus666/Screenshot018.jpg

Total Life is 1554
Total Mana is 336

Defence is 10952 with Exile, 24024 with HS

Zeal dmg is 2950 - 8303 with fant and aprox 9700 max with might ( merc )

Merc uses:

Wep - Eth BOTD War Pike
Helm - Gaze 7/7/15 + 39ed/7 FHR
Armor - Archon Engima

His dmg is 1241 - 5607 with no Fant no Might - With fant + might aprox
15,000 Max.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/minus666/Screenshot016.jpg

I encluded some screenies. If you would like ot accually seethe pally, i
am online irght now. Pm me @ minus667 or on aim Gettothegone66. This is
USEast NL :) If you would like anymore info, just ask :)

What skills do you have on your pally? And what are your base stats
(not overall)?

John Theriault wrote:
> Without gear (with gear)
> Str - 120 (221)
> Dex - 95 (183)
> Vit - 290 (379)
> Eng - 15 (84)
>
> As for skills over all i have 3 + over all and 2 + offensive ( Exile )
>
> 23 zeal ( Max )
> 23 Sarfice ( Max )
> 23 HS ( Max )
> 25 Fant ( Max )
> 2 Smite - Never really wanted smite, i mena it's alwyas hits, but it's
> boring :)
>
> Rest of points were spend trying to get to the skills + i wanted vigor.

Do you have max block with that Dex?
I don't really know how this kind of paladin works so help me out here
-
How do you use your spells? I mean you probably keep Zeal as the main
attack for the Left mouse click...but when do you use the other skills?
Is HS a duration cast spell (you cast it, then switch back to Fant
aura while it lasts a few minutes before you recast again)?
Also, I thought that any levels of Zeal past level 5 or 6 were useless
because it only adds on AR after that, not additional hits. I assume
you get Sacrifice because of its synergy bonus for Zeal, which is also
useless is it not? Everything I've ever heard about Zeal states that
its synergies are a waste, and anything past level 5 or so is a waste
too.

Wow thats a really nice damage boost. Do you know how the AR works?
It seems that people get Fant for the AR and its attack speed boost
(which I assume attack speed stacks with Zeal or no one would get it).
So how does the AR factor in to deal more damage? Otherwise I would
imagine Conc is better with at 400% increase at level 20...

Garret wrote:
> Wow thats a really nice damage boost. Do you know how the AR works?
> It seems that people get Fant for the AR and its attack speed boost
> (which I assume attack speed stacks with Zeal or no one would get it).
> So how does the AR factor in to deal more damage? Otherwise I would
> imagine Conc is better with at 400% increase at level 20...
>
> John Theriault wrote:
>
>>John Theriault wrote:

>>>Yea, the ar is nice, i hit 95 % of the time in hell. As well it is max
>>>block, stuff hits me 5% of the time.
>>>

>> To add, the level that HS is @ it lasts for 580 seconds. As well, the
>>zeal @ lvl 23 and saifice @ 23, zeal adds 354 % dmg and 230 % ar.
>>
>>--
>>John Theriault
>>A+ Network+ iNet Linux+ MCSA MCSE

Persoanllyi like fant of conc, for the dmg, and speed. Plus when ur in a
baal game with a hammerdin, you get ALOT of dmg ( there conc + fant +
might )

--

In article <1124894338.180706.230550@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
Garret <garretdoe@hotmail.com> wrote:
>John Theriault wrote:
>> Without gear (with gear)
>> Str - 120 (221)
>> Dex - 95 (183)
>> Vit - 290 (379)
>> Eng - 15 (84)
>>
>> As for skills over all i have 3 + over all and 2 + offensive ( Exile )
>>
>> 23 zeal ( Max )
>> 23 Sarfice ( Max )
>> 23 HS ( Max )
>> 25 Fant ( Max )
>> 2 Smite - Never really wanted smite, i mena it's alwyas hits, but it's
>> boring :)
>>
>> Rest of points were spend trying to get to the skills + i wanted vigor.
>
>Do you have max block with that Dex?
>I don't really know how this kind of paladin works so help me out here
>-
>How do you use your spells? I mean you probably keep Zeal as the main
>attack for the Left mouse click...but when do you use the other skills?
> Is HS a duration cast spell (you cast it, then switch back to Fant
>aura while it lasts a few minutes before you recast again)?

Yes, that's the way Holy Shields works. I assume the OP just put it on one
of the Function keys, and periodically re-casts HS.

>Also, I thought that any levels of Zeal past level 5 or 6 were useless
>because it only adds on AR after that, not additional hits. I assume
>you get Sacrifice because of its synergy bonus for Zeal, which is also
>useless is it not? Everything I've ever heard about Zeal states that
>its synergies are a waste, and anything past level 5 or so is a waste
>too.

Extra points to Zeal add more damage too. Sacrifice's synergy with Zeal
also adds more damage. So if it's a Fanatic Zealot you want to make, you
max both of them, for a lot of added damage.

Perhaps it was a waste of points to put more than 5 in Zeal in pre-1.10
days, but in 1.10 it was worth it to max both.

Regards,

Patrick.

What is "Fortune" armor? I couldn't find any runeword with that name.

Garret wrote:
> John Theriault wrote:
>
> What is "Fortune" armor? I couldn't find any runeword with that name.

Probably means "Fortitude" armour. 300% ED and resist all (20+) among
other things. somerune somerune somerune LO.

chaliban wrote:
> Garret wrote:
> > John Theriault wrote:
> >
> > What is "Fortune" armor? I couldn't find any runeword with that name.
> >
> Probably means "Fortitude" armour. 300% ED and resist all (20+) among
> other things. somerune somerune somerune LO.

Fortitude
El + Sol + Dol + Lo

Weapons
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Minimum Damage
+50 To Attack Rating
20% Deadly Strike
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
+200% Enhanced Defense
+X To Life (Based on Character Level)*
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

Body Armor
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense