Jim

We have four hotmail accounts in the house, and each log in to the
appropriate user for messenger.

While doing mine, I accidentally clicked on the box "sign me in
automatically" Now when messenger is opened, my account name is on the top,
with option to select a different account below"

Not only is this mildly annoying, but clicking on my name takes me in
without a password! However, I do not have an opportunity to untick the box!

What can I do to put all accounts on an equal basis? I'd prefer a method
that doesn't involve the registry.

Jim

Greetings Jim,

To get the behavior you want, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then,
click User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select the Windows XP account name you're
currently logged under, and then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click
'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport)
entry and click 'Remove'.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jim" <nospam@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have four hotmail accounts in the house, and each log in to the
> appropriate user for messenger.
>
> While doing mine, I accidentally clicked on the box "sign me in
> automatically" Now when messenger is opened, my account name is on the top,
> with option to select a different account below"
>
> Not only is this mildly annoying, but clicking on my name takes me in
> without a password! However, I do not have an opportunity to untick the box!
>
> What can I do to put all accounts on an equal basis? I'd prefer a method
> that doesn't involve the registry.
>
> Jim

in XP, just type in start, run box:

control keymgr.dll

this will show u a list of all saved passports (and other accounts) and u
can remove, etc.. =))

"Jim" <nospam@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have four hotmail accounts in the house, and each log in to the
> appropriate user for messenger.
>
> While doing mine, I accidentally clicked on the box "sign me in
> automatically" Now when messenger is opened, my account name is on the
> top,
> with option to select a different account below"
>
> Not only is this mildly annoying, but clicking on my name takes me in
> without a password! However, I do not have an opportunity to untick the
> box!
>
> What can I do to put all accounts on an equal basis? I'd prefer a method
> that doesn't involve the registry.
>
> Jim

Jim

Thanks Jonathan ....it worked straight away

JIm

> Greetings Jim,
>
> To get the behavior you want, click the Start Button, then click the
Control Panel. Then,
> click User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select the Windows XP account
name you're
> currently logged under, and then on the left side of the screen, under
Related Tasks, click
> 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens, click the
Passport.Net\* (Passport)
> entry and click 'Remove'.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Jim" <nospam@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > We have four hotmail accounts in the house, and each log in to the
> > appropriate user for messenger.
> >
> > While doing mine, I accidentally clicked on the box "sign me in
> > automatically" Now when messenger is opened, my account name is on the
top,
> > with option to select a different account below"
> >
> > Not only is this mildly annoying, but clicking on my name takes me in
> > without a password! However, I do not have an opportunity to untick the
box!

> > What can I do to put all accounts on an equal basis? I'd prefer a method
> > that doesn't involve the registry.
> >
> > Jim

Hi Jim,

Excellent =)