Released As Freeware

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Kinetic Kollision and Rocks Unleashed were products we created back in
2000/2001 and have been released as freeware since 2004. They are
specifically designed for young childen and older systems (Win 95/98)
with low memory requirements.

We are proud to state that both support the freeware market with no
spyware or adware. They are simply available for consumer enjoyment.

They can be obtained at UpperGroove Software

http://www.uppergroove.ca

Glenn Jarvis skrev:
> Kinetic Kollision and Rocks Unleashed were products we created back in
> 2000/2001 and have been released as freeware since 2004. They are
> specifically designed for young childen and older systems (Win 95/98)
> with low memory requirements.
>
> We are proud to state that both support the freeware market with no
> spyware or adware. They are simply available for consumer enjoyment.
>
> They can be obtained at UpperGroove Software
>
> http://www.uppergroove.ca

Thank you! :)

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
Freeware Logo & symbol: http://home.no/buffy2/
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
Pachisi & Ludo: http://home.no.net/vkp3/
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
a.c.f.g information: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acfg/acfg.php
Firefoxy: http://users.pandora.be/erlandvo/firefoxy/
18+ - Adult Solitaire: http://home.no.net/rachel12/
18+ - Fishy Pictures: http://home.no.net/rachel12/fishy/
18+ - Sexy Chess: http://home.no.net/vkp4/chess/
18+ - Sexy Librarians: http://home.no.net/vkp4/librarians/
18+ - Sexy Football: http://home.no.net/vkp4/football/
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

Glenn Jarvis <gaj@removemepersonainternet.com> wrote:
> Kinetic Kollision and Rocks Unleashed were products we created back in
> 2000/2001 and have been released as freeware since 2004. They are
> specifically designed for young childen and older systems (Win 95/98)
> with low memory requirements.

> We are proud to state that both support the freeware market with no
> spyware or adware. They are simply available for consumer enjoyment.

> They can be obtained at UpperGroove Software

> http://www.uppergroove.ca

Have you thought of releasing them as Open Source (for example, GNU
GPL or BSD licenses), so that other people can enhance them, port them
to other platforms, etc.?

I released an educational paint program (Tux Paint) as Open Source in
June 2002 and it's received contributions from about 100 people from
around the globe. I developed it for Linux, but it now also runs on
Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, NetBSD, FreeBSD and even a PDA!

--
-bill! Picn*x14 --- Linux Anniversary Picnic & BBQ!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th

William Kendrick wrote:

> Have you thought of releasing them as Open Source (for example, GNU
> GPL or BSD licenses), so that other people can enhance them, port them
> to other platforms, etc.?
>
> I released an educational paint program (Tux Paint) as Open Source in
> June 2002 and it's received contributions from about 100 people from
> around the globe. I developed it for Linux, but it now also runs on
> Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, NetBSD, FreeBSD and even a PDA!

Hello Bill,
It's not planned at this time. You never know what next year will bring
though :)

Glenn

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Glenn Jarvis <gaj@removemepersonainternet.com> wrote:
> Hello Bill,
> It's not planned at this time. You never know what next year will bring
> though :)

Well, I hope you consider it! Or, at the least, finding someone out there
who'd be willing to port it to Linux (still closed-source) and have you
release the port as freeware, too.

That's one of the places where Linux is really still far behind Mac and
Windows -- educational/kids software. It's growing like mad, but there's
still at least 10 years of catching up to do. (I guess Win95 was released
in 1995, right? :^) )

Oddly enough, there's excellent infrastructure for using Linux in schools
on old (Pentium 1 and 2!) PCs. See: http://www.k12ltsp.org/

There just needs to be more software to RUN on it!