Help, I cant receive any transfered files on messenger
how ever small they are or whatever file extension, not
even a small word doc, any suggestions!! thanks

Greetings,

Actually due to the way Windows Messenger file transfer works, any problems receiving files
are usually a problem on the sender's side (typically either they are going through some type
of internet sharing/router device or using some type of firewall).

Since we don't know your contacts' configuration or anything else, the easiest solution would
be for both you and your contact to install MSN Messenger 6.x, as it provides not only better
file transfer support, but the ability to simply send files through the server (bypassing
most problems):
http://messenger.msn.com/Download
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert