I have windows messenger 4.7 on my Dell P> whenever I try to telephone
through enet connection my party cannot hear me even though I hear them. Both
indicators on my screen for the audio and the mike are oscillating when I
hear or speak which means both are working. Why can he not hear me. He is
using MSNmessenger 6.2

can anybody help - thank you

Greetings Franz,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then All Programs, then Accessories, then
Communications, and then Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection,
then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and try again.

If that doesn't help and if either of you are using a router (with UPnP support), you may
need to remove the current port forwardings. To do so, click Start, All Programs,
Accessories, Communications, Network Connections. Right-click the "Internet Gateway" (should
be under the Internet Gateway heading) and choose Properties. Choose the Settings button,
click each 'msmsgs' or 'msnmsgr' entry and then choose 'Delete' to each one. Then close
Messenger (right-click the Messenger icon, choose Exit), then restart Messenger.

Finally, for testing purposes, both you and your contact might try turning off the Windows XP
Internet Connection Firewall (although you shouldn't need to for Messenger voice/video
connectivity). To do so, click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then
Communications, and then Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection,
then click Properties. Click the Advanced Tab, and verify that the Internet Connection
Firewall is unchecked. As well, if your contact is using some type of third-party firewall
(ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security, etc.) have them make sure that Messenger is set to
"Permit All", "Allow All" or "Medium" (ZoneAlarm).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"franz" <franz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows messenger 4.7 on my Dell P> whenever I try to telephone
> through enet connection my party cannot hear me even though I hear them. Both
> indicators on my screen for the audio and the mike are oscillating when I
> hear or speak which means both are working. Why can he not hear me. He is
> using MSNmessenger 6.2
>
> can anybody help - thank you

TRENDING THREADS