Items stolen from character while in trade window

I was in a public game last night on USEast SC - a Sorc was looking for
a Pally shield (I had one to trade). When I entered the trade window
and showed my shield, nothing happened (no response from Sorc) for
about 45 seconds. Then they closed the trade window, and exited the
game. I exited and started a private game, and when I looked at my
character, all of my runes from my stash (Pul, Lem, Ko, 20 low), my
Wealth Dusk Shroud and 50% MF Tarnhelm (which my character was wearing)
were gone.

My Merc's Insight polearm and my Rhyme shield were still there, so it
wasn't some rune reset. My Tarnhelm doesn't have a rune anyway, and all
the runes (except 1 Lem in the Wealth) were picked up personally in the
game - the Lem was an RPGTraders.net trade.

Has this happened to anyone else ? I thought the trade window was
secure ? How could someone get into my character and stash ?

I am not new at this game, I didn't drop anything on the ground or
anything like that, and have a secure password (since changed). But you
can't have 2 people logged into the same character at the same time
anyway...

Some new hack - if so - BEWARE...

I was not amused...any similar experiences ?

rjmartens@mmm.com wrote:
> I was in a public game last night on USEast SC - a Sorc was looking for
> a Pally shield (I had one to trade). When I entered the trade window
> and showed my shield, nothing happened (no response from Sorc) for
> about 45 seconds. Then they closed the trade window, and exited the
> game. I exited and started a private game, and when I looked at my
> character, all of my runes from my stash (Pul, Lem, Ko, 20 low), my
> Wealth Dusk Shroud and 50% MF Tarnhelm (which my character was wearing)
> were gone.
>
> My Merc's Insight polearm and my Rhyme shield were still there, so it
> wasn't some rune reset. My Tarnhelm doesn't have a rune anyway, and all
> the runes (except 1 Lem in the Wealth) were picked up personally in the
> game - the Lem was an RPGTraders.net trade.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else ? I thought the trade window was
> secure ? How could someone get into my character and stash ?
>
> I am not new at this game, I didn't drop anything on the ground or
> anything like that, and have a secure password (since changed). But you
> can't have 2 people logged into the same character at the same time
> anyway...
>
> Some new hack - if so - BEWARE...
>
> I was not amused...any similar experiences ?

Damn! I've heard of trade\scammer hacks but *this* is entirely new in
my experience! Normally the trade window is unable to *see\access* the
contents of your stash ... just the character's inventory.

Sounds like some new & improved hack that Blizz has yet to eradicate.
I'm so sorry to hear of this ... trust is a fragile enough commodity as
it is and now the security of the trade window is suspect or possibly
compromised? Sheesh!