Computer can't see home LAN but can see internet fine

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Just installed a home wireless network. Netgear wireless 108mbps.
(replaced an older 802.11b network)

1) Base PC with router
2) Laptop with PC card
3) Boys' computer with PC adapter

All see web fine. Laptop and Base PC see each other's files just
fine.

However, the boys' computer can't access the Lan I established. Been
so long now I can't remember all of the setting I need to check to
authorize access. Help!

Thanks in advance!

AFJ

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Does the boys' computer have a firewall enabled?

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"Air Force Jayhawk" <airforcejayhawk@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just installed a home wireless network. Netgear wireless 108mbps.
> (replaced an older 802.11b network)
>
> 1) Base PC with router
> 2) Laptop with PC card
> 3) Boys' computer with PC adapter
>
> All see web fine. Laptop and Base PC see each other's files just
> fine.
>
> However, the boys' computer can't access the Lan I established. Been
> so long now I can't remember all of the setting I need to check to
> authorize access. Help!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> AFJ

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

DOH! I fixed mine but forgot I installed one on their's too. Bet
that's it!

Thanks!