HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
just bought a Netgear 614, and now I find out that this
kills the video conferencing performance...
It works, but at about one third of the speed that I get
when I hook up directly to my DSL Modem, not having the
Router in between.
Anybody out there who experienced something like that (and
found an answer)?
Regards
Harry

"Harry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> just bought a Netgear 614, and now I find out that this
> kills the video conferencing performance...
> It works, but at about one third of the speed that I get
> when I hook up directly to my DSL Modem, not having the
> Router in between.
> Anybody out there who experienced something like that (and
> found an answer)?
> Regards
> Harry

You can try to unistall Qos which is a solution sometimes
recommended for choppy audio.

Greetings Harry,

Did you per chance just install Service Pack 2 recently as well? You may simply need to turn
off QoS. To do so, click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications,
and then Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection, then click
Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and try again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Harry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> just bought a Netgear 614, and now I find out that this
> kills the video conferencing performance...
> It works, but at about one third of the speed that I get
> when I hook up directly to my DSL Modem, not having the
> Router in between.
> Anybody out there who experienced something like that (and
> found an answer)?
> Regards
> Harry

striker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001

If you go to Google and search on Netgear 614 you will find several entries
complaining about the router slowing down the Internet access especially
downloading. Unfortunately none of the entries that I went to had found any
solution.