  • Hotmail
  • Messenger
  • Windows XP
September 3, 2004 8:42:57 PM

I just replaced a bad hard drive. The reinstall went very
well, that is until I started having issues with Windows
XP Messenger. I have used the .net service for a while,
with the addon for checking my hotmail account. However,
nothing I have doen so far is fixing my issue. It will
not not login, keeps saying my password is bad or I have
not registered with .net site (which both are untrue) I
can login to the .net site with my hotmail email address
just fine, I can also login to my hotmail account fine.
The issue is something to do with my system and the
messeneger program itself. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling, I tried upgrading, checked and double check
my password and spelling of my .net name. not sure what
to try next, any ideas anyone?

More about : messenger login

September 5, 2004 7:11:12 AM

It's not your system..I have the exact same problem...it's
stupid windows and their new SP2...why they have to mess
up something else to fix other things...I'll never get it.

September 5, 2004 7:42:28 AM

Thanks to Jonathan Kay and a few others..they solved this
problem for me.

Uninstall your windows messenger...go here to find out how
to do that easily: (Jonathan Kay's Website)

http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7

Then go here to download version 4.7.2009 (You will need
this version if you want to access your hotmail from
messenger and receive alerts)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp

Once you reinstall, you will need to add the add-in to
access your hotmail. When you try to access it, it will
ask you if you want to install the add-in, just say yes,
and it'll take you to the download page.

cajun

September 5, 2004 8:43:53 PM

Hi Cajun,

Glad to be of assistance =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Cajun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to Jonathan Kay and a few others..they solved this
> problem for me.
>
> Uninstall your windows messenger...go here to find out how
> to do that easily: (Jonathan Kay's Website)
>
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
>
> Then go here to download version 4.7.2009 (You will need
> this version if you want to access your hotmail from
> messenger and receive alerts)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp
>
> Once you reinstall, you will need to add the add-in to
> access your hotmail. When you try to access it, it will
> ask you if you want to install the add-in, just say yes,
> and it'll take you to the download page.
>
> cajun

September 6, 2004 4:06:58 PM

Thanks a ton! I was fighting with that damn thing for
days. Fricken Microsoft fixes some issues with SP2, and
then screws up others! Go figure..

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 11:50:04 PM

Hi Larry,