Question About Bowazon's Current 'Firepower'

Greetings,

Have a level 82 Magic Arrow Bowazon (ShaylaMarie) on US West SCL.
She's equipped with an Eaglehorn Crusader Bow (334-1384) and a Harmony
Matriach Bow (637-1367) on the switch for those P.I.T.A. physical
immunes.

Shayla's Profile:

Str: 99
Dex: 300
Vit: 140
Eng: 15

Skills*:

Magic Arrow - Max
Valkaryie (sp?) - Max#
Decoy - Max
Critical Strike - 8*#
Pierce - 13
Dodge Skills - 2 each
Slow Missile\Inner Sight - 1
Prerequisites - 1 each

* Skills + 3 from Matriarch\Eaglehorn bow and rare coronet
* + 3 from Harmony
*# Am currently pumping CS to match Pierce. Will split remaining
skills points evenly betwee CS & Pierce thereafter.

Naturally she *owned* Nightmare! Hell now, is an entirely different
story. Aside from the fact that I can't keep my merc alive; no real
biggie there ... Valk & Decoy are both maxed so tanking is *not* a
problem. (heh)

Firepower, on the otherhand, is proving totally inadequate. Real
basic, it's taking at least *20* ... count 'em *20* direct hits just to
drop a single physical immune! God help you if there's a pack of the
creeps. The Valk tanks like a trooper and I hardly have to recast her.

Now then, I've found a couple of nice 4 socketed bows (Matriarch &
Superior Crusader), both with very fast attack speed, but the basic
damage is nothing to shout about. Have the necessary runes to make a
Faith rune word, but am wondering if this rune word will be any
improvement over my existing weapons. Sure the Fanaticsm aura would be
nice, but this particular 'Zon was designed for MF (high speed, low
drag).

Bottom line: Am seeking recommendations for improved firepower ...

Hmm, I have seen Kaytie with a good build in Hell that actually killed.

While playing once with Tae even she told me her Bowazon takes a long
time to kill some things in Hell.

Now for the killer, my wife soloed a bowazon in Single Player through
Hell and I remember her having very long battles with pack after pack.

She stalled at the Hell Ancients and I can understand why.

A Bowazon was not well designed by Blozzard as far as I concerned.

Fun to play but difficult in Hell.

Good luck

Orion

Orion Ryder wrote:

<snip>

> While playing once with Tae even she told me her Bowazon takes a long
> time to kill some things in Hell.
>
> Now for the killer, my wife soloed a bowazon in Single Player through
> Hell and I remember her having very long battles with pack after pack.
>
> She stalled at the Hell Ancients and I can understand why.
>
> A Bowazon was not well designed by Blozzard as far as I concerned.
>
> Fun to play but difficult in Hell.

<snip>

Ah so it's not *just me*! You're wife's experience is the same as
mine: long, drawn out brawls ... unable to hang against Hell Ancients.
Damn! Well this char was designed for MF ... guess I'll just continue
to rob the Council in Travincal and team up with my guildies to MF the
'Brothers Three' (Meph, Diablo & Baal).

Chains of Armor + Faith in a Grand Matron with other good equipment
means killing fast, plus a Valk with Fanat is wild. She can
out-perform a well equipped might merc when she spawns with good cruel
mods.

One option for upping damage is the Treachary runeword. Yes, it is
for 'sins, but 45% IAS, 300+ poison damage over .4 seconds and 60%
resist all (90% cold) when the skill mods are both active. You get
the poison damage 1/4 of the time, and the fade kicks in 5% of the
time - standing in a fire can set it off and it lasts close to 300
seconds, I think. You also get some damage reduction and curse
reduction - she should not be getting hit much, but having curses last
a shorter time is useful for that stray hit.