Sound interuptions when Vidio conferencing

After installing sp2,my microphone works perfectly,but speech comeing in
breaks up (stops and starts).After system restore sound was OK again,so have
reinstalled sp2,and again my sound is distorted.My sound card is Sis 7018.
2 answers Last reply
More about sound interuptions vidio conferencing

    "Jim F" <Jim F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing sp2,my microphone works perfectly,but speech comeing in
    > breaks up (stops and starts).After system restore sound was OK again,so
    > have
    > reinstalled sp2,and again my sound is distorted.My sound card is Sis 7018.

    Try uninstalling Qos.

    Greetings Jim,

    You may simply need to turn off QoS. To do so, click Start, then All Programs, then
    Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right click your
    network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and
    try again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Jim F" <Jim F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing sp2,my microphone works perfectly,but speech comeing in
    > breaks up (stops and starts).After system restore sound was OK again,so have
    > reinstalled sp2,and again my sound is distorted.My sound card is Sis 7018.

Microsoft Windows XP