Microsoft Pulls Juku Amid Code Plagiarism Claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Looks as if the investigation went smoothly. Now that contracted company probably gets slapped with a fine and Microsoft brings their business elsewhere so they can concentrate on Windows 7 updates and fixes.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
If anything this was great publisity for a so called "fival" to twitter since none of us knew about it till this article. I know if I were them id be way too happy this happened. lol no damage, only gain.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]D_Kuhn[/nom]From the look of the GUI, someone in M$ is is big trouble. He/She didn't steel "Most" of the code, it looks like they stole ALL the code, changed some formatting, and threw their name on it.[/citation]

Microsoft said the code was written by a contracted 3rd party ... so Microsoft is pretty safe on this matter.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I like how the articles try and label MS as the one who stole the code, it was just a vendor that they hired and that vendor is to blame really. They violated the contract MS signed with them.

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]E7130[/nom]I like how the articles try and label MS as the one who stole the code, it was just a vendor that they hired and that vendor is to blame really. They violated the contract MS signed with them.[/citation]

The article says nothing of the sort. The title says "Microsoft pulls..." which is factual because it was MS's service and they pulled it. And the first line states "Plurk...claimed the Microsoft china had stolen..." which is stating Plurk's accusation. Nowhere does the author blame MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.