wrong billing info - my fault

I just ordered a computer for a friend. When I got the acknowlegement
e-mail, I realized that I completely spaced out and entered my own
billing info with his credit card number.

I just sent an e-mail off to Dell, but I'm wondering if anyone here ever
did anything that stupid and what the likely outcome of this will be.

I figure Amex to reject it, but after that I have no idea what happens.
Will the order simply be canceled? Will they ask for updated info (which
I already sent)?

TIA,

Bob
5 answers Last reply
More about wrong billing info fault

    Bob Levine wrote:

    > I just ordered a computer for a friend. When I got the acknowlegement
    > e-mail, I realized that I completely spaced out and entered my own
    > billing info with his credit card number.
    >
    > I just sent an e-mail off to Dell, but I'm wondering if anyone here ever
    > did anything that stupid and what the likely outcome of this will be.
    >
    > I figure Amex to reject it, but after that I have no idea what happens.
    > Will the order simply be canceled? Will they ask for updated info (which
    > I already sent)?

    Here's a follow-up.

    I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
    I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
    change billing info over the phone.

    I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
    purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
    re-order it.

    I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though
    I never called), assurance that the purchase had already been
    authorized, and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.

    I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
    though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I
    was also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.

    Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
    story.

    Bob

    Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
    English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win situation
    for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
    "Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
    > Bob Levine wrote:

    > Here's a follow-up.
    >
    > I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what I
    > could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
    > change billing info over the phone.
    >
    > I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
    > purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
    > re-order it.
    >
    > I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
    > never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
    > and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
    >
    > I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
    > though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
    > also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
    >
    > Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
    > story.
    >
    > Bob

    I've never had much luck at getting an issue resolved by calling Dell. About
    a year ago, I ordered a new Axim. The Axim arrived with no sync cord. After
    about 5 calls to Dell and dealing with incompetent Indians, I finally sent
    the thing back.
    "Monica" <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
    > Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
    > English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win
    > situation for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
    > "Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
    >> Bob Levine wrote:
    >

    >> Here's a follow-up.
    >>
    >> I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
    >> I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
    >> change billing info over the phone.
    >>
    >> I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
    >> purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
    >> re-order it.
    >>
    >> I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
    >> never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
    >> and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
    >>
    >> I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
    >> though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
    >> also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
    >>
    >> Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
    >> story.
    >>
    >> Bob

    My AXIM story: I ordered a refurb X5, and it did not come with the
    charger cable and (I thought the backup battery, which I later found
    under the internal flap). Again, an Indian person. I gave him the
    model# for the battery, which he seemed to have trouble comprehending.
    Promptly, I received the charger cable and a regular battery. Too much
    effort to try and return it.

    Mike

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:44:10 -0400, "Matt Wiggins"
    <mwigginsnoxx@charter.net> wrote:

    >I've never had much luck at getting an issue resolved by calling Dell. About
    >a year ago, I ordered a new Axim. The Axim arrived with no sync cord. After
    >about 5 calls to Dell and dealing with incompetent Indians, I finally sent
    >the thing back.
    >"Monica" <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
    >> Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
    >> English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win
    >> situation for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
    >> "Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
    >>> Bob Levine wrote:
    >>

    >>> Here's a follow-up.
    >>>
    >>> I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
    >>> I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
    >>> change billing info over the phone.
    >>>
    >>> I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
    >>> purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
    >>> re-order it.
    >>>
    >>> I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
    >>> never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
    >>> and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
    >>>
    >>> I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
    >>> though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
    >>> also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
    >>>
    >>> Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
    >>> story.
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    I tried like hell for about 2 weeks to get the Dell morons to understand
    that mine did not come with a Sync cable. I finally gave up.

Dell Computer Email Computers