I want to fight Uber-Bosses in SP

I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it. But I would love to be able to
fight the uber-bosses in SP. I've emailed Blizzard asking for that
capability. If everybody out there who prefers SP emails them as well,
they might listen.
Go ahead!

Victor

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

pistor wrote:
> I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it. But I would love to be able to
> fight the uber-bosses in SP. I've emailed Blizzard asking for that
> capability. If everybody out there who prefers SP emails them as well,
> they might listen.
> Go ahead!
>
> Victor

There's a really simple mod that gives that capacity. Someone posted a
link to it about 3 weeks ago. Search this group and you should find it.

-Jason

Jason wrote:
> There's a really simple mod that gives that capacity. Someone posted a
> link to it about 3 weeks ago. Search this group and you should find it.

Hmmm... I searched and searched and searched and could not find the
link. Anybody has it handy?

Victor

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Brian Kastel wrote:
> "Jason" wrote...
> >
> > pistor wrote:
> >> I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it. But I would love to be able to
> >> fight the uber-bosses in SP. I've emailed Blizzard asking for that
> >> capability. If everybody out there who prefers SP emails them as well,
> >> they might listen.
> >> Go ahead!
> >>
> >> Victor
> >
> > There's a really simple mod that gives that capacity. Someone posted a
> > link to it about 3 weeks ago. Search this group and you should find it.
> >

> I looked at the posting of that mod, and it didn't seem to be very good.
> From what I understood, the Ubers' battle logic is ripped from Uber Diablo,
> so their attacks, resistances, et al., are not really what you would
> encounter on the realms, but more like clones of big D.

That's too bad. I did not know that.

On another note, I've seen mods where every end act boss, and their
minions were running around the blood moor in normal. If you really
want to go crazy then you could look into that. OTOH, I'd go crazy if
EVERY enemy were an uber boss...

-Jason

"Jason" wrote...

> pistor wrote:
>> I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it. But I would love to be able to
>> fight the uber-bosses in SP. I've emailed Blizzard asking for that
>> capability. If everybody out there who prefers SP emails them as well,
>> they might listen.
>> Go ahead!
>>
>> Victor
>
> There's a really simple mod that gives that capacity. Someone posted a
> link to it about 3 weeks ago. Search this group and you should find it.

I looked at the posting of that mod, and it didn't seem to be very good.
From what I understood, the Ubers' battle logic is ripped from Uber Diablo,
so their attacks, resistances, et al., are not really what you would
encounter on the realms, but more like clones of big D.

Search for "PlugY" in the internet or
in this NG, (see my posting
"PlugY 6.0 for LOD 1.11 is out"
from August, 20th)

"pistor" <pistorin@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1125414572.136325.211680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it.

What you don't like?

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> At a total guess, I'd say "player killers", "noobs that swear at you
> if you don't give them a rush", "people using auto-grab hacks so you
> never get to get any items at all" and "the fact that there isn't a
> working /players 8 command"...

Add to that the word "GHEY" or "U R SOOO GHEY" if you dont give them
freebies or rushes. LOL enough to make you want to turn into a PK
yourself. I mean not a gamechar killer but a real PK, made me want to
walk over to them while they were playing on their PC and pop them one
on their noses. Or atleast wash their mouths out with soap.

DeltaLima wrote:
> >I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it.
>
> What you don't like?

I don't like having to log in with a certain frequency to preserve my
characters, sometimes I don't touch Diablo for months. I don't like
morons with hacked characters who come in and ruin the game for the
rest of us. I don't like having to depend on network load for having a
smooth game.
It's just a personal preference. :)

"DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message

> "pistor" <pistorin@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1125414572.136325.211680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it.
>
> What you don't like?

At a total guess, I'd say "player killers", "noobs that swear at you
if you don't give them a rush", "people using auto-grab hacks so you
never get to get any items at all" and "the fact that there isn't a
working /players 8 command"...

Jonathan.

I play on B.net but I have never played with anyone else. I use a
password on my games to keep strangers out. I'm a polite, middle-aged
married grandmother, which apparently makes me some kind of freak. The
fact that I don't have clue what some of the shorthand is (rushes?) and
am not quick enough with a smart-mouth answer makes me a "noob". I
have a level 82 amazon that I've been playing alone for ages. Right
now we're in Hell level looking for Nilithak. She could use some help,
but I'm afraid to ask because I know I'll be insulted by these young
cowboys who think they know everything. I also didn't play for quite
awhile this summer and lost all my mules due to inactivity. Ya, I'm
lame, but I just play to have fun. Being insulted and taken advantage
of because I'm not 18 and male isn't my idea of fun.
End of Rant....
Phyrie

You can try joining the agd2 and agd games, as well as Amazon Basin. I
recommend AB, more populated, more well-mannered, fairer at item
sharings, no swearing. Whereas agd/agd2 tolerate swearings to a
certain extent and item-sharings are not enforced. AB games are also
generally at slower pace.

As for age, I believe agd has the highest average age, several players
there are over 40, some are over 50. AB and agd2 seem to have average
age of mid 20s to mid 30s.

"Phyrie" <Phyrie.One@gmail.com> wrote in news:1125551234.596162.253990
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Know the feeling.... There are a few of us oldies playing... But the same
as you, My games are pasworded, and very quiet....

Greg

On 31 Aug 2005, "Phyrie" wrote:

>> I play on B.net but I have never played with anyone else. I use a
>> password on my games to keep strangers out. I'm a polite, middle-aged
>> married grandmother, which apparently makes me some kind of freak. The
>> fact that I don't have clue what some of the shorthand is (rushes?) and
>> am not quick enough with a smart-mouth answer makes me a "noob". I
>> have a level 82 amazon that I've been playing alone for ages. Right
>> now we're in Hell level looking for Nilithak. She could use some help,
>> but I'm afraid to ask because I know I'll be insulted by these young
>> cowboys who think they know everything. I also didn't play for quite
>> awhile this summer and lost all my mules due to inactivity. Ya, I'm
>> lame, but I just play to have fun. Being insulted and taken advantage
>> of because I'm not 18 and male isn't my idea of fun.
>> End of Rant....
>> Phyrie

age 49.75 grandfather here... I quit B.Net entirely and went to the
Chaos Empire mod... no passwords on games, and no need for them...
People are just polite or they're just tossed out of the Realm.

Have you given thought to trying something like this? Requires a 1.10
installation, but you can have one on the same machine as has the 1.11
you're using now.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker

Brian Brunner wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005, "Phyrie" wrote:
>

>>>I play on B.net but I have never played with anyone else. I use a
>>>password on my games to keep strangers out. I'm a polite, middle-aged
>>>married grandmother, which apparently makes me some kind of freak. The
>>>fact that I don't have clue what some of the shorthand is (rushes?) and
>>>am not quick enough with a smart-mouth answer makes me a "noob". I
>>>have a level 82 amazon that I've been playing alone for ages. Right
>>>now we're in Hell level looking for Nilithak. She could use some help,
>>>but I'm afraid to ask because I know I'll be insulted by these young
>>>cowboys who think they know everything. I also didn't play for quite
>>>awhile this summer and lost all my mules due to inactivity. Ya, I'm
>>>lame, but I just play to have fun. Being insulted and taken advantage
>>>of because I'm not 18 and male isn't my idea of fun.
>>>End of Rant....
>>>Phyrie
>

> age 49.75 grandfather here... I quit B.Net entirely and went to the
> Chaos Empire mod... no passwords on games, and no need for them...
> People are just polite or they're just tossed out of the Realm.
>
> Have you given thought to trying something like this? Requires a 1.10
> installation, but you can have one on the same machine as has the 1.11
> you're using now.

Chaos empire! I love it! I dont even bother with normal Diablo anymore.

Well, I won't say just exactly my age, but I'm between 40 and
50.....:) Good to hear I'm not the only one who's chronologically
challenged! I have never heard of "Realms", at least I don't think so.

The game automatically updated to the new patch when I signed on the
other day, so I guess I don't have 1.10 anymore.

BTW, forgive me if this is too stupid for words, but aren't we in AGD2
now??? I'm using Google groups instead of Outlook Express as a mail
reader, but I assumed the groups are the same! I'm blushing already if
I'm wrong...sheesh...

Phyrie

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> "DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
>
>>"pistor" <pistorin@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>1125414572.136325.211680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>>I don't play on Bnet. Don't like it.
>>
>>What you don't like?
>

> At a total guess, I'd say "player killers", ...

What about dupes going poof after you trade for them? I find this highly
annoying. These days, on Bnet I only trade for runes that I can put in
something.

In article <iGgTe.45276$Wa6.553592@weber.videotron.net>,
Cris Fuhrman <filmore@bigSANS_SPAMfoot.com> wrote:
>Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>> "DeltaLima" <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"pistor" <pistorin@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>>1125414572.136325.211680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

>>>What you don't like?
>>
>> At a total guess, I'd say "player killers", ...
>
>What about dupes going poof after you trade for them? I find this highly
>annoying. These days, on Bnet I only trade for runes that I can put in
>something.

Has this happened to you?

I must be the luckiest guy on B.Net (Eur Ladder), because I traded for
about 20-30 Ists in total the previous ladder, and converted those Ists to
a few HR's (1 x Lo, 2 x Ber, 1 x Jah) and some change, and none of that
poofed at any time.

But, the impression I had during the last ladder is that HR's were much,
much cheaper on the US servers, so perhaps duping was more prevalent
there...

Anyway, I played SP for a long time, and finally moved over to B.Net, and
would not want to go back. Reasons to play on B.net are:

- The possibility to trade what you need, which saves you endless MF-ing
in SP. Of course, you could edit the items you need in SP, but that
sort of defeats the entire purpose.

- The new runewords available on the B.net Ladder. Of course, there are
patches available to get them in SP, but my impression was that the
(variable) stats of those runewords are based on guessing the stats of
the 'real' B.Net runewords.

- Multiplayer. I don't play that much together with people, but it is
very useful to be able to do some Baalruns together with a bunch of
unknowns to gain levels quickly.

Regards,

Patrick.

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote...

> I must be the luckiest guy on B.Net (Eur Ladder), because I traded for
> about 20-30 Ists in total the previous ladder, and converted those Ists to
> a few HR's (1 x Lo, 2 x Ber, 1 x Jah) and some change, and none of that
> poofed at any time.

Well, when you cube up duped runes the newly created rune is legit, so there
is no way for them to "poof" anyway. Therefore, your luck was in deciding
to cube them all. :)

In article <l6lTe.11087$p_1.5898@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
Brian Kastel <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote...
>>
>> I must be the luckiest guy on B.Net (Eur Ladder), because I traded for
>> about 20-30 Ists in total the previous ladder, and converted those Ists to
>> a few HR's (1 x Lo, 2 x Ber, 1 x Jah) and some change, and none of that
>> poofed at any time.
>
>Well, when you cube up duped runes the newly created rune is legit, so there
>is no way for them to "poof" anyway. Therefore, your luck was in deciding
>to cube them all. :)

Huh? I traded for those HR's. It would have taken a lot more Ists to cube
up to the runes I mentioned, you do the math. ;)

And a while back, people here were even claiming Blizzard could detect
runes based upon cubed lower runes, up to a certain level.

Anyway, no idea how much of this is truh, but fact of the matter: I didn't
lose a HR or Ist of those...

Regards,

Patrick.

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote...
> In article <l6lTe.11087$p_1.5898@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
> Brian Kastel <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote...
>>>
>>> I must be the luckiest guy on B.Net (Eur Ladder), because I traded for
>>> about 20-30 Ists in total the previous ladder, and converted those Ists
>>> a few HR's (1 x Lo, 2 x Ber, 1 x Jah) and some change, and none of that
>>> poofed at any time.
>>
>>Well, when you cube up duped runes the newly created rune is legit, so
>>there
>>is no way for them to "poof" anyway. Therefore, your luck was in deciding
>>to cube them all. :)
>
> Huh? I traded for those HR's. It would have taken a lot more Ists to cube
> up to the runes I mentioned, you do the math. ;)

Er... Now I know the meaning of, "Look before you leap." But then, they
also say, "He who hesitates has lost." I'm so confused....

:)