Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/simcity4.phtml" target="_new">Actiontrip review of Simcity 4 </A>

Has anybody played this game? Tell us your feelings about this game

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=26708#26708" target="_new"> Go to my CPU Vendor Poll </A>

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
I've not played it, but it looks really cool. Beats the hell outta the original SimCity, although that WAS fun. I heard that there is a lack/shortage of pre-built cities in this one.......of course it is only a matter of time before those will be available for download from fan sites.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>

thaloc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
Ehh, the first SimCity was my very first program which used a mouse :). It also was my first game to use native Hercules graphics, instead of running in CGA emulation. Those were times... :)
I've played all SimCity games, and I cannot wait to try SimCity 4 (why not 4000, I wonder... ;).

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
'2000' was my favorite edition of the ones I've played so far. The newspapers, the arcologies, etc. The most comprehensive edition too. I'll need to get my greedy hands on '4' though. I read that it is a barebones game, somewhat rushed. No 'Dullsville' scenario? :frown:

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've got Sim City 4. It's really neat. The strategy is MUCH different from the other games though. You have to start off with light residential and commercial, and either medium industry or farms. You can waste your money on the dense zones, but they WON'T develop until you have a large population. It's easy to rezone though, as it doesn't destroy the buildings already there.

New kinds of roads are kinda cool too. Slightly different power plants, better control over taxation (you can tax lower, middle, and wealthy classes in each of the RCI).

What's really neat is you have control over a huge region. The region is broken into many maps of varying sizes which you can start your own city on. This makes for some interesting options. I have one city which has all the landfills, industry, coal plants, water production etc, and it's basically a pollution hole. It has no residential or commercial at all. It makes most of it's money by selling commodities to the neighbouring cities. This allows my other cities to not have to worry about paying and maintaining a huge coal plant or a water system (pay as you go type thing), so it's much more efficient.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
<font color=red>I have one city which has all the landfills, industry, coal plants, water production etc, and it's basically a pollution hole. It has no residential or commercial at all. It makes most of it's money by selling commodities to the neighbouring cities. </font color=red>
Did you name this city 'Detroit'? .......I couldn't resist. :cool:

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>