Your Favorite Version?

To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:

Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
of characters were nerfed badly.

Anyway, which version? Which character?

Thanks!

Velvet Elvis
4 answers Last reply
More about your favorite version

    I have been playing this game so long. But I remember PRE LOD the Necro
    Corpse explosion RULED. I loved playing a necro with CE.

    The majority of my time has been online iwth 1.08 and 1.09. Stopped
    playing when 1.10 hit cause I needed a break. Since most of my Good
    times were with my friends in 1.09 my answer is 1.09. My favorite
    character from that time was a FO/FW sorc for MF and a LF Zon for cows.

    I started at the beginning of 1.09 and it was great... made lots and
    lots of amazons... many many MANY cow runs... I still have a couple of
    those old zons stashed away.

    My personal favorite is the 1.10 patch... mainly because the drop rate
    changed in most levels of hell making it very possible to get those
    elite weapons. This patch also included some very handy runewords. My
    favorite character is the FO/FB sorc with MF.

    Now that 2 seasons have come and gone, I've had a chance to retwink the
    old sorc and let me tell you, she is one uber lady... roughly 500 MF
    and +16 skills.

    Reg

    "VelvetElvis" <reallyNO@SPAM4me.xyz> wrote in message
    > To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:
    >
    > Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
    > which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
    > astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
    > of characters were nerfed badly.
    >
    > Anyway, which version? Which character?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Velvet Elvis

    1.09

    VelvetElvis wrote:
    > To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:
    >
    > Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
    > which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
    > astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
    > of characters were nerfed badly.
    >
    > Anyway, which version? Which character?

    I started playing with 1.09, I have spent far more times on 1.09 then
    1.10 and 1.11 combined and most of my happy D2 moments are from 1.09. So
    I'd have to say... 1.09. :-P I miss beef-a-thon's, the old durance map
    and being able to finish Hell solo with most characters.

    I do have to say, I love synergies and given the choice between 1.09 and
    1.10/11 right now I'd pick the latter. In 1.11 my favorite characters
    are necromancers (mainly skelliemancers and pure boners) and paladin
    (mainly holy freeze and/or shock). In 1.09 I love cookiecutter
    necromancers and all kinds of barbs. That includes frenzy, whirlwind,
    berserk and pure war cry. :-)

Games Video Games