  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2005 4:00:04 PM

To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:

Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
of characters were nerfed badly.

Anyway, which version? Which character?

Thanks!

Velvet Elvis

More about : favorite version

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 4:00:05 PM

I have been playing this game so long. But I remember PRE LOD the Necro
Corpse explosion RULED. I loved playing a necro with CE.

The majority of my time has been online iwth 1.08 and 1.09. Stopped
playing when 1.10 hit cause I needed a break. Since most of my Good
times were with my friends in 1.09 my answer is 1.09. My favorite
character from that time was a FO/FW sorc for MF and a LF Zon for cows.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 4:00:05 PM

I started at the beginning of 1.09 and it was great... made lots and
lots of amazons... many many MANY cow runs... I still have a couple of
those old zons stashed away.

My personal favorite is the 1.10 patch... mainly because the drop rate
changed in most levels of hell making it very possible to get those
elite weapons. This patch also included some very handy runewords. My
favorite character is the FO/FB sorc with MF.

Now that 2 seasons have come and gone, I've had a chance to retwink the
old sorc and let me tell you, she is one uber lady... roughly 500 MF
and +16 skills.

Reg
August 31, 2005 4:42:37 PM

"VelvetElvis" <reallyNO@SPAM4me.xyz> wrote in message
> To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:
>
> Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
> which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
> astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
> of characters were nerfed badly.
>
> Anyway, which version? Which character?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Velvet Elvis

1.09
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 7:49:38 PM

VelvetElvis wrote:
> To cut to the chase, here's my question and why:
>
> Those of you left here who have played Diablo for a long, long time --
> which of the versions have you liked best? I've heard 1.02 was
> astonishingly heavy damage in some cases and, beginning in 1.03, a number
> of characters were nerfed badly.
>
> Anyway, which version? Which character?

I started playing with 1.09, I have spent far more times on 1.09 then
1.10 and 1.11 combined and most of my happy D2 moments are from 1.09. So
I'd have to say... 1.09. :-P I miss beef-a-thon's, the old durance map
and being able to finish Hell solo with most characters.

I do have to say, I love synergies and given the choice between 1.09 and
1.10/11 right now I'd pick the latter. In 1.11 my favorite characters
are necromancers (mainly skelliemancers and pure boners) and paladin
(mainly holy freeze and/or shock). In 1.09 I love cookiecutter
necromancers and all kinds of barbs. That includes frenzy, whirlwind,
berserk and pure war cry. :-)
!