skeleton life + in NM ?

Do your summoned skeletons get more life in NM? If not, they may not survive
so well. Skellimancer is wicked in normal, but I'm really worrying whats
gonna happen in NM and Hell....?

thx
adam

"Adam Sawyer" <pennywyz@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> Do your summoned skeletons get more life in NM? If not, they may not
> survive so well. Skellimancer is wicked in normal, but I'm really worrying
> whats gonna happen in NM and Hell....?

Their life goes up in Nightmare and up again in Hell. They get much tougher
later in the game. Normal Diablo is your hardest battle; Nightmare Diablo is
just a speed bump.
--
Zamboni

Thanks. I have another question...

I was having trouble in the maggot lair due to constricting corridors, so I
put a point into bone spear and it worked wonders, especially against the
megamaggot! My question is, is it worth investing points in this skill for a
while, or should i just concentrate on corpse explosion? I think bone spear
could be real useful against big D ?

cheers
adam

> Thanks. I have another question...
>
> I was having trouble in the maggot lair due to constricting corridors, so
> I put a point into bone spear and it worked wonders, especially against
> the megamaggot! My question is, is it worth investing points in this skill
> for a while, or should i just concentrate on corpse explosion? I think
> bone spear could be real useful against big D ?
>
> cheers
> adam

Hint: Throwing potions.

(Big D laughs at your bone spear. Nightmare Carvers laugh your Bone Spear.
With the Marrowwalk bug gone, the bone spells are no longer one-point
wonders. Let your merc and your skellies handle the damage side of things,
while you concentrate on blowing great big holes in the landscape.)
--
Zamboni

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

"Adam Sawyer" <pennywyz@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> Thanks. I have another question...
>
> I was having trouble in the maggot lair due to constricting corridors, so

Longer answer:

Skellimancers always have problems in two areas (and after the Marrowalks
bug disappeared, one more). The first, as you observed, is the Maggot Lair.
A combination of beefing up Bone Armor, then learning how to "skip" around
corners and back to draw the monsters to your minions, will help. But it is
gut-wrenching, to be sure...and I have gotten trapped by surrounding Maggot
babies that popped out of a nest just as I went around a corner. You can
also draw monsters away from you with the Attract curse, and of course
Corpse Explosion will clear out areas nicely.

The second area that is problematic is the Arcane Sanctuary, in this case
because the paths are designed to get your minions trapped behind you and
unable to get to you quickly. Plan to spend a bunch o'money on TPs to bring
them back to you, but frankly it's best to do this area with a tank or sorc
to clear the baddies. Narrow paths = unhappy Skellimancer. I love open
areas like the Canyon in Act 2.

A new area that has become a problem is running the Durance, primarily
because of the damn stinking dolls. You have to go through a doorway to
even find out if there is anything on the other side. One trick is to
re-cast your golem through the doorway to draw any monsters to it, but
frankly this is tedious. I have been running Meph in NM in the new ladder,
and several times have run screaming like a little girl from packs of dolls.
Add a curse like fanat and/or Holy Freeze in Hell and you have a recipe for
dead Skellimancer au jus.

I normally play solo online, just because I don't want to have to fight over
drops. The best situation is to play with trusted friends that know how to
share drops, and your strengths will be maximized, while minimizing your
weaknesses. I have two comps, and plan to run the Maggot Lair with a barb
on the second comp.

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> A new area that has become a problem is running the Durance, primarily
> because of the damn stinking dolls. You have to go through a doorway to
> even find out if there is anything on the other side. One trick is to
> re-cast your golem through the doorway to draw any monsters to it, but
> frankly this is tedious. I have been running Meph in NM in the new
> ladder,
> and several times have run screaming like a little girl from packs of
> dolls.

We call that the "Necromancer Hook". You run ahead, skellies strung out
behind you like a parade, then quickly turn around and run back through the
skellies when you find something. You're herding, not runnning screaming
like a little girl (just keep telling yourself that).

It creates big problems for the idiot that's following you (also ahead of
the skellies) and then is left dangling out in front when you perform the
Hook. It's almost like they think you're there to tank or something.
--
Zamboni

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 "doodles" wrote:

>> "Adam Sawyer" <pennywyz@iinet.net.au> wrote

>> > Thanks. I have another question...
>> >
>> > I was having trouble in the maggot lair due to constricting corridors,
>>
>> Longer answer:
>>
>> Skellimancers always have problems in two areas (and after the Marrowalks
>> bug disappeared, one more). The first, as you observed, is the Maggot Lair.

>> The second area that is problematic is the Arcane Sanctuary,

>> A new area that has become a problem is running the Durance,

In all these cases, Confusion or Dim Vision cast at doorways lets you
know if there are monsters on the other side.

Since Confusion attracts monsters from a considerable distance, this
lets you pick your fight locations in Arcane, draw everything from 5
screens away to you, get a corpse, switch to Amp Damage and start Corpse
Explosion.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 "doodles" wrote:
>
> >> "Adam Sawyer" <pennywyz@iinet.net.au> wrote

> >> Longer answer:
> >>
> >> Skellimancers always have problems in two areas (and after the
Marrowalks
> >> bug disappeared, one more). The first, as you observed, is the Maggot
Lair.

> >> The second area that is problematic is the Arcane Sanctuary,
>
> >> A new area that has become a problem is running the Durance,
>
> In all these cases, Confusion or Dim Vision cast at doorways lets you
> know if there are monsters on the other side.
>
> Since Confusion attracts monsters from a considerable distance, this
> lets you pick your fight locations in Arcane, draw everything from 5
> screens away to you, get a corpse, switch to Amp Damage and start Corpse
> Explosion.

I'll have to try that in Durance, but it won't help (in my experience) in
Arcane. The problem there is not that I don't know if there are monsters,
but that I know all too well that my minions are behind me and stuck.

It should help in Durance, though.