Babala, soon to be 200 levels

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I can't contain my excitement. I've had a sneak preview of the 75 additional
levels that will be included in the next (beta) release of the freeware game
Babala, found at www.babala.org. This could happen in just a couple of weeks
from now, so watch for it. So there'll be a whopping 200 levels total! Also
some improvements to the scoring are planned. The game is assured to
incorporate a perfectly meaningful scoring system, and Web high score
posting will be featured when v1.0 is released, probably in just a few short
months, not exactly sure the timetable.

The ordering and ranking of the levels will be altered as well, in the next
release.

I personally give Babala my UNqualified thumbs up. This comes from one of
your peers, mind you. The game is just chock full of fun and surprises, so
incredibly easy to learn: there are only a handful of defining features. But
the way the author has orchestrated and designed the levels will set your
mind ablaze! Babala is a work of unqualified genius, and the challenges are
so diabolical... mmm.

"Ben Bean" <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> wrote:
>I can't contain my excitement. I've had a sneak preview of the 75 additional
>levels that will be included in the next (beta) release of the freeware game
>Babala, found at www.babala.org. This could happen in just a couple of weeks
>from now, so watch for it. So there'll be a whopping 200 levels total! Also
>some improvements to the scoring are planned. The game is assured to
>incorporate a perfectly meaningful scoring system, and Web high score
>posting will be featured when v1.0 is released, probably in just a few short
>months, not exactly sure the timetable.
>
>The ordering and ranking of the levels will be altered as well, in the next
>release.
>
>I personally give Babala my UNqualified thumbs up. This comes from one of
>your peers, mind you. The game is just chock full of fun and surprises, so
>incredibly easy to learn: there are only a handful of defining features. But
>the way the author has orchestrated and designed the levels will set your
>mind ablaze! Babala is a work of unqualified genius, and the challenges are
>so diabolical... mmm.

You don't have to pretend not to be spamming to spam here.

"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
> "Ben Bean" <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> wrote:
> >I can't contain my excitement. I've had a sneak preview of the 75
additional
> >levels that will be included in the next (beta) release of the freeware
game
> >Babala, found at www.babala.org. This could happen in just a couple of
weeks
> >from now, so watch for it. So there'll be a whopping 200 levels total!
Also
> >some improvements to the scoring are planned. The game is assured to
> >incorporate a perfectly meaningful scoring system, and Web high score
> >posting will be featured when v1.0 is released, probably in just a few
short
> >months, not exactly sure the timetable.
> >
> >The ordering and ranking of the levels will be altered as well, in the
next
> >release.
> >
> >I personally give Babala my UNqualified thumbs up. This comes from one of
> >your peers, mind you. The game is just chock full of fun and surprises,
so
> >incredibly easy to learn: there are only a handful of defining features.
But
> >the way the author has orchestrated and designed the levels will set your
> >mind ablaze! Babala is a work of unqualified genius, and the challenges
are
> >so diabolical... mmm.
>
> You don't have to pretend not to be spamming to spam here.

I'm not sure that I care to kowtow to your oh-so-personal and warped
definition of the term, "spam". I understand the term refers to UNsolicited
*commercial* announcements being broadcast in venues where they are not
welcome. My post is anything but that, and this newsgroup's elders have
already made it clear that any posts about freeware -- ESPECIALLY
unrehearsed peer-to-peer recommendations -- will always be welcome.

YOU're the problem child here pal, not me. Uh, no offense. So wake up and
smell the coffee, DUDE.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

"Ben Bean" <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> wrote:

>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
>> "Ben Bean" <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> wrote:
>> >I can't contain my excitement. I've had a sneak preview of the 75
>additional
>> >levels that will be included in the next (beta) release of the freeware
>game
>> >Babala, found at www.babala.org. This could happen in just a couple of
>weeks
>> >from now, so watch for it. So there'll be a whopping 200 levels total!
>Also
>> >some improvements to the scoring are planned. The game is assured to
>> >incorporate a perfectly meaningful scoring system, and Web high score
>> >posting will be featured when v1.0 is released, probably in just a few
>short
>> >months, not exactly sure the timetable.
>> >
>> >The ordering and ranking of the levels will be altered as well, in the
>next
>> >release.
>> >
>> >I personally give Babala my UNqualified thumbs up. This comes from one of
>> >your peers, mind you. The game is just chock full of fun and surprises,
>so
>> >incredibly easy to learn: there are only a handful of defining features.
>But
>> >the way the author has orchestrated and designed the levels will set your
>> >mind ablaze! Babala is a work of unqualified genius, and the challenges
>are
>> >so diabolical... mmm.
>>
>> You don't have to pretend not to be spamming to spam here.
>
>I'm not sure that I care to kowtow to your oh-so-personal and warped
>definition of the term, "spam". I understand the term refers to UNsolicited
>*commercial* announcements being broadcast in venues where they are not
>welcome. My post is anything but that, and this newsgroup's elders have
>already made it clear that any posts about freeware -- ESPECIALLY
>unrehearsed peer-to-peer recommendations -- will always be welcome.
>
>YOU're the problem child here pal, not me. Uh, no offense. So wake up and
>smell the coffee, DUDE.

That's why I said you don't have to pretend.
Well, you could stop pretending to be one of our "peers" instead of the
author.

> "Ben Bean" <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> wrote:
> >
> >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
> >additional
> >game
> >weeks
> >Also
> >short

> >next

> >so
> >But
> >are
> >>
> >> You don't have to pretend not to be spamming to spam here.
> >
> >I'm not sure that I care to kowtow to your oh-so-personal and warped
> >definition of the term, "spam". I understand the term refers to
UNsolicited
> >*commercial* announcements being broadcast in venues where they are not
> >welcome. My post is anything but that, and this newsgroup's elders have
> >already made it clear that any posts about freeware -- ESPECIALLY
> >unrehearsed peer-to-peer recommendations -- will always be welcome.
> >
> >YOU're the problem child here pal, not me. Uh, no offense. So wake up and
> >smell the coffee, DUDE.
>
> That's why I said you don't have to pretend.
> Well, you could stop pretending to be one of our "peers" instead of the
> author.

I AIN'T the author, you fool! I'm a PEER who is INORDINATELY IMPRESSED with
someone's free game. The author of the game lives in the Czech Republic.
I've already stated where I live. Get a grip.

Pff yeah.