Summon Resist

What are the recommened amount of points into this skill for skellimancers??

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Jake Mysterio schrieb:
> What are the recommened amount of points into this skill for skellimancers??

One single point. With +7 skills (easy to get on a Skellimancer), you
are already at 54 all res.

---
Hannes

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> What are the recommened amount of points into this skill for
skellimancers??

> --
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

I must disagree with my learned colleagues. You may, as I did last season,
find that putting a few more points in the skill helpful. I play hardcore
ladder exclusively, and in the beginning of the season I am dirt-poor (just
found my first Tarnhelm yesterday, woot!), so it's going to be a long damn
time before I see +7 skills anywhere. Right now I am sporting a +2 necro
wand and Tarn for an effective slvl of 4, which in that skill represents 44%
resist all. I am currently in NM at level 68. If I haven't found any more
+skills items in a few days, I will be starting Hell and will likely HAVE to
put another point or two into it just so they can survive.

But they are right in one sense...there is a fairly brutal diminishing
return on that skill, and any more points than a handful (I'm thinking 3-4
hard points) would be a waste.

doodles wrote:
> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> I must disagree with my learned colleagues. You may, as I did last season,
> find that putting a few more points in the skill helpful. I play hardcore
> ladder exclusively, and in the beginning of the season I am dirt-poor (just
> found my first Tarnhelm yesterday, woot!), so it's going to be a long damn
> time before I see +7 skills anywhere. Right now I am sporting a +2 necro
> wand and Tarn for an effective slvl of 4, which in that skill represents 44%
> resist all. I am currently in NM at level 68. If I haven't found any more
> +skills items in a few days, I will be starting Hell and will likely HAVE to
> put another point or two into it just so they can survive.

Actually, I play HCL too and have never put more than one point in
Summon Resist. I am also dirt poor and have less +skills than you do.
Last ladder my skelemancer went to Hell at ~lvl 75 with only +2 skills
and 1 point in Summon Resist. It didn't seem to slow him down too much.
The reason: the killer is CE.

I guess it depends on your build. Certainly max RS and SM before any
further points in it. I maxed RS, SM and CE first. I would recommend
that you only put a couple of points in SumRes after your other skills
are maxed. One point is plenty for playing through nightmare at least.

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I guess it depends on your build. Certainly max RS and SM before any
> further points in it. I maxed RS, SM and CE first. I would recommend
> that you only put a couple of points in SumRes after your other skills
> are maxed. One point is plenty for playing through nightmare at least.

Regardless of whether you want to add points or not, I would at least
reserve the points until you notice elemental attacks actually killing the
skeletons, and actually killing them faster than you can raise them.
Skellies are tough, and monsters usually have trouble piling enough attacks
on any one skellie to take it down.
--
Zamboni

On 1 Sep 2005 15:58:50 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:

>doodles wrote:
>> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> I must disagree with my learned colleagues. You may, as I did last season,
>> find that putting a few more points in the skill helpful. I play hardcore
>> ladder exclusively, and in the beginning of the season I am dirt-poor (just
>> found my first Tarnhelm yesterday, woot!), so it's going to be a long damn
>> time before I see +7 skills anywhere. Right now I am sporting a +2 necro
>> wand and Tarn for an effective slvl of 4, which in that skill represents 44%
>> resist all. I am currently in NM at level 68. If I haven't found any more
>> +skills items in a few days, I will be starting Hell and will likely HAVE to
>> put another point or two into it just so they can survive.
>
>Actually, I play HCL too and have never put more than one point in
>Summon Resist. I am also dirt poor and have less +skills than you do.
>Last ladder my skelemancer went to Hell at ~lvl 75 with only +2 skills
>and 1 point in Summon Resist. It didn't seem to slow him down too much.
>The reason: the killer is CE.

I'm a "what you find" player, and I agree, mostly. In Hell I started
losing skeletons, but only one or two in a big battle, with only one
hard point in SR. A couple more points might have saved me even those
losses, but extra CE radius seemed more immediately useful, since even
with all the explosions, there's still generally a body or two left to
replace losses with (and even if there are none, you can generally let
is slide 'til the next battle, and even if you can't you can always TP
back, then use the Cold Plains or somewhere for reinforcements).

--Craig

--
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - The Replacements
Craig Richardson (crichard-tacoma@worldnet.att.net)

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> doodles wrote:
> > "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> are maxed. One point is plenty for playing through nightmare at least.

In general, I have to agree with what has been posted. My experience last
season was that I had more points available than I knew what to do with,
partly because I could sleaze through with only a few points in Bone Armor
and let Marrowalks keep me safe. Not so this season, and I am finding that
I have to use skill points more wisely.

I've placed 2 points into the skill. There are +skills from items to it
aswell so the skellies are doing ok in Hell now. I've just entered Hell and
am upto Black Marsh. Wonder what countess will drop for me this time around.

--

> I've placed 2 points into the skill. There are +skills from items to it
> aswell so the skellies are doing ok in Hell now. I've just entered Hell
> and am upto Black Marsh. Wonder what countess will drop for me this time
> around.

EL, ELD

Argh! No!... Don't curse me..I'm the one doing curses... LOL! *thinks to
self* Um and above..