MSN Voice audio makes my internet impossibly slow (DSL con..

Hi, since I installed service pack 2, for some reason, using voice through
MSN makes the internet go insanely slow. This only occurs when MSN voice chat
is on. I have no idea what the problem could be. I have a DSL connection and
have never had a problem with this before.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about voice audio makes internet impossibly slow

    Greetings,

    You may simply need to turn off QoS. To do so, click Start, then All Programs, then
    Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right click your
    network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and
    try again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Captainmonnie" <Captainmonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, since I installed service pack 2, for some reason, using voice through
    > MSN makes the internet go insanely slow. This only occurs when MSN voice chat
    > is on. I have no idea what the problem could be. I have a DSL connection and
    > have never had a problem with this before.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

MSN DSL Internet Windows XP