MSN Voice audio makes my internet impossibly slow (DSL con..

September 7, 2004 8:43:03 AM

Hi, since I installed service pack 2, for some reason, using voice through
MSN makes the internet go insanely slow. This only occurs when MSN voice chat
is on. I have no idea what the problem could be. I have a DSL connection and
have never had a problem with this before.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:43:40 PM

Greetings,

You may simply need to turn off QoS. To do so, click Start, then All Programs, then
Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right click your
network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and
try again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!