windows messenger 5 error message

when i open adobe acrobat reader 6, an installation window for messenger 5
opens. an error message then pops up displaying:
An error occured during the installation of assembly component
{874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}. HRESULT: -2147024684.
i then click ok and the installation starts again and the same error message
appears. the only way i can get rid of this is to close the installation
program using task manager.
can anyone please help me with this problem? this has also resulted in
adobe acrobat reader not starting.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger error message

    Greetings,

    To correct this, click Start,then Run, and type the following:
    msiexec /x {1F0BD960-6525-4FEE-B577-2473F77F1277}
    then click OK.

    Then, after uninstallation, reinstall Windows Messenger 5 from:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "drew-san" <drew-san@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i open adobe acrobat reader 6, an installation window for messenger 5
    > opens. an error message then pops up displaying:
    > An error occured during the installation of assembly component
    > {874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}. HRESULT: -2147024684.
    > i then click ok and the installation starts again and the same error message
    > appears. the only way i can get rid of this is to close the installation
    > program using task manager.
    > can anyone please help me with this problem? this has also resulted in
    > adobe acrobat reader not starting.

    thanks Jonathan, it worked perfectly for me.

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > To correct this, click Start,then Run, and type the following:
    > msiexec /x {1F0BD960-6525-4FEE-B577-2473F77F1277}
    > then click OK.
    >
    > Then, after uninstallation, reinstall Windows Messenger 5 from:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "drew-san" <drew-san@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when i open adobe acrobat reader 6, an installation window for messenger 5
    > > opens. an error message then pops up displaying:
    > > An error occured during the installation of assembly component
    > > {874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}. HRESULT: -2147024684.
    > > i then click ok and the installation starts again and the same error message
    > > appears. the only way i can get rid of this is to close the installation
    > > program using task manager.
    > > can anyone please help me with this problem? this has also resulted in
    > > adobe acrobat reader not starting.

    Hi,

    Great :)
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "jomama" <jomama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > thanks Jonathan, it worked perfectly for me.
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> To correct this, click Start,then Run, and type the following:
    >> msiexec /x {1F0BD960-6525-4FEE-B577-2473F77F1277}
    >> then click OK.
    >>
    >> Then, after uninstallation, reinstall Windows Messenger 5 from:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "drew-san" <drew-san@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > when i open adobe acrobat reader 6, an installation window for messenger 5
    >> > opens. an error message then pops up displaying:
    >> > An error occured during the installation of assembly component
    >> > {874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}. HRESULT: -2147024684.
    >> > i then click ok and the installation starts again and the same error message
    >> > appears. the only way i can get rid of this is to close the installation
    >> > program using task manager.
    >> > can anyone please help me with this problem? this has also resulted in
    >> > adobe acrobat reader not starting.

Messenger Acrobat Error Message Windows XP