Tomb Reaver

I recall that the Peace armor was crashing the game (don't know if bug is
fixed yet) due to if it's on a Merc then a merc can't have a merc. Would the
same thing happen with Tomb Reaver? There's a 10% chance of Reanimating as
Returned. Would that crash the game too?

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
4 answers Last reply

    I think it was "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> that wrote
    something like...

    >I recall that the Peace armor was crashing the game (don't know if bug is
    >fixed yet) due to if it's on a Merc then a merc can't have a merc. Would the
    >same thing happen with Tomb Reaver? There's a 10% chance of Reanimating as
    >Returned. Would that crash the game too?

    Peace bug was fixed so Valk couldn't be summoned by Mercs, and I'm
    pretty sure the Tomb Reaver will happily revive some skeletons to
    fight on your side, even if it's in the hands of a merc.
    The Returned would be treated more like the Barbs are that are running
    around the Bloody Foothills. They'll take your aura, but that's about
    all they'll have to do with you. I don't recall them being very good
    at following you either, but I never used the Tomb Reaver I found very
    much

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    Thanx Ashen, input much appreciated.

    --

    "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

    >>>I recall that the Peace armor was crashing the game (don't know if bug is
    >>>fixed yet) due to if it's on a Merc then a merc can't have a merc. Would
    >>>the
    >>>same thing happen with Tomb Reaver? There's a 10% chance of Reanimating
    >>>as
    >>>Returned. Would that crash the game too?
    >>
    >> Peace bug was fixed so Valk couldn't be summoned by Mercs, and I'm
    >> pretty sure the Tomb Reaver will happily revive some skeletons to
    >> fight on your side, even if it's in the hands of a merc.
    >> The Returned would be treated more like the Barbs are that are running
    >> around the Bloody Foothills. They'll take your aura, but that's about
    >> all they'll have to do with you. I don't recall them being very good
    >> at following you either, but I never used the Tomb Reaver I found very
    >> much

    The Tomb Reaver worked fine in 1.10 Ladder, and 1.11 Off-Ladder. They're not
    very effective, but it's amusing for the merc to have his own minions for
    awhile.
    --
    Zamboni

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >However the minions created are rather worthless. They are slow, very slow
    >compared to the skellies, and they don't come with you through TPs etc.
    >However, when the going gets torrid it's not unusual to see 6 or 7 of them
    >wandering (mostly aimlessly) around. They do fight but not often as they're
    >usually somewhere else. LOL.

    >As soon as I find a Tal's Fugly (for the LL and resists) and an ethereal
    >thresher for Obedience I'll be retiring the Reaver. I had an eth one last
    >ladder and it only got a day's use as there are far better sticks around. I
    >just don't have one on this ladder yet.

    Stick it on a Whirlwind Barbarian. It works much better. The weapon
    progression for mine last season went something like unique bec de corbin ->
    upped bec de corbin -> tomb reaver.

    --
    To battle!

Games Video Games