Playing TCP/IP multiplayer over the net, behind routers?

Does anyone know if you can play TCP/IP games over the net, when you're
behind routers? It would be interesting to know the port(s) the game uses so
they could be opened up. Am I talking about Open Battlenet here? My friends
and I don't like Bnet, and prefer LAN play.

thx
adam

Adam Sawyer wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can play TCP/IP games over the net, when
> you're behind routers?

You can.

> It would be interesting to know the port(s)
> the game uses so they could be opened up.

The host of the game has to forward port 4000 incoming on the router to the
PC that is going to host the game.

> Am I talking about Open Battlenet here?

Both work similar, but no.

> My friends and I don't like Bnet, and prefer LAN play.

When you chose the "other multiplayer" button you can chose between open
bnet and TCP/IP.

Anything you might need can be found on Blizzard's support pages too:
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0445p