Looking for a total noob cookie-cutter pally build

I'm giving my Trapassin a break for awhile since I don't have the right
polearm to make Insight (might make one with Zonfire if one doesn't come
along while playing my other characters).

Note: I'm playing 1.10 in SP with big, juicy ATMA stashes with a good
spread of elite gear.

I have NEVER played pally's before. Not only do I not know how to build
them, I don't have a clue how to actually play them. By that I mean I don't
even understand how the Auras are used. Can you use Offensive and Defensive
ones at the same time? When I say total noob, I mean I'm as green as grass.
I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to apply the function keys to what
skills!

But I want a change of pace from all these Trapassins, Bowzons, and
Skellimancers. Does the Arreat Summit actually describe what keystrokes to
use? Can you recommend a certain build or guide that will explain the
bleeding obvious? That's what I need. I mean stuff so basic that you don't
even think about it anymore.

Elessar wants to save the world from evil, and you can help the king return!

Dave S.
1 answer Last reply
More about looking total noob cookie cutter pally build

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:08:28 GMT, "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >I'm giving my Trapassin a break for awhile since I don't have the right
    >polearm to make Insight (might make one with Zonfire if one doesn't come
    >along while playing my other characters).
    >
    >Note: I'm playing 1.10 in SP with big, juicy ATMA stashes with a good
    >spread of elite gear.
    >
    >I have NEVER played pally's before. Not only do I not know how to build
    >them, I don't have a clue how to actually play them. By that I mean I don't
    >even understand how the Auras are used. Can you use Offensive and Defensive
    >ones at the same time? When I say total noob, I mean I'm as green as grass.
    >I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to apply the function keys to what
    >skills!

    One aura at a time only. Auras from different characters (such as act 2 mercs or
    other paladins) stack and are in effect simultaneously.

    Try a classic Avenger build, found here:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=510

    Don't worry too much about the Holy Shield. I usually only go 5 points holy
    shield + skills equipment. You can max it out at the end if you really want to;
    i think the main reason to max it later is for the defense rating.

    >But I want a change of pace from all these Trapassins, Bowzons, and
    >Skellimancers. Does the Arreat Summit actually describe what keystrokes to
    >use? Can you recommend a certain build or guide that will explain the
    >bleeding obvious? That's what I need. I mean stuff so basic that you don't
    >even think about it anymore.

    1) Normal Attack, then Zeal
    2) Sacrifice, then Vengeance
    3) Shield Bash, then Conviction [left button for Shield Bash, right button for
    Conviction]
    4) Might, then Holy Freeze, then Redemption
    5) Vigor
    6) Holy Freeze, then Resist Fire
    7) Cleansing
    8) Resist Lightning
    9) Holy Shield
    0) Town Portal

    Other than that -- paladin doesn't have much crowd control, so either be able to
    take the punishment, or string the enemy out so you can divide and conquer!

    >Elessar wants to save the world from evil, and you can help the king return!

    hope this helps.

    eudas
    Inside of every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud.

Build Video Games