Looking for a total noob cookie-cutter pally build

I'm giving my Trapassin a break for awhile since I don't have the right
polearm to make Insight (might make one with Zonfire if one doesn't come
along while playing my other characters).

Note: I'm playing 1.10 in SP with big, juicy ATMA stashes with a good
spread of elite gear.

I have NEVER played pally's before. Not only do I not know how to build
them, I don't have a clue how to actually play them. By that I mean I don't
even understand how the Auras are used. Can you use Offensive and Defensive
ones at the same time? When I say total noob, I mean I'm as green as grass.
I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to apply the function keys to what
skills!

But I want a change of pace from all these Trapassins, Bowzons, and
Skellimancers. Does the Arreat Summit actually describe what keystrokes to
use? Can you recommend a certain build or guide that will explain the
bleeding obvious? That's what I need. I mean stuff so basic that you don't
even think about it anymore.

Elessar wants to save the world from evil, and you can help the king return!

Dave S.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:08:28 GMT, "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I'm giving my Trapassin a break for awhile since I don't have the right
>polearm to make Insight (might make one with Zonfire if one doesn't come
>along while playing my other characters).
>
>Note: I'm playing 1.10 in SP with big, juicy ATMA stashes with a good
>spread of elite gear.
>
>I have NEVER played pally's before. Not only do I not know how to build
>them, I don't have a clue how to actually play them. By that I mean I don't
>even understand how the Auras are used. Can you use Offensive and Defensive
>ones at the same time? When I say total noob, I mean I'm as green as grass.
>I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to apply the function keys to what
>skills!

One aura at a time only. Auras from different characters (such as act 2 mercs or
other paladins) stack and are in effect simultaneously.

Try a classic Avenger build, found here:
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=510

Don't worry too much about the Holy Shield. I usually only go 5 points holy
shield + skills equipment. You can max it out at the end if you really want to;
i think the main reason to max it later is for the defense rating.

>But I want a change of pace from all these Trapassins, Bowzons, and
>Skellimancers. Does the Arreat Summit actually describe what keystrokes to
>use? Can you recommend a certain build or guide that will explain the
>bleeding obvious? That's what I need. I mean stuff so basic that you don't
>even think about it anymore.

1) Normal Attack, then Zeal [left button]
2) Sacrifice, then Vengeance [left button]
3) Shield Bash, then Conviction [left button for Shield Bash, right button for
Conviction]
4) Might, then Holy Freeze, then Redemption [right button]
5) Vigor [right button]
6) Holy Freeze, then Resist Fire [right button]
7) Cleansing [right button]
8) Resist Lightning [right button]
9) Holy Shield [right button]
0) Town Portal [right button]

Other than that -- paladin doesn't have much crowd control, so either be able to
take the punishment, or string the enemy out so you can divide and conquer!

>Elessar wants to save the world from evil, and you can help the king return!

hope this helps.

eudas
Inside of every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud.