Remote Assistant

I am behind a NAT firewall and trying to use remote
assistant. I read that I should forward port 3398 in my
router. Should this be set to TCP or UDP? And is this
the only port forwarded?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistant

    Greetings,

    Actually it's port 3389 TCP. However, just forwarding the port probably won't work as this
    functionality requires Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in the NAT.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Tman" <tsilver@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I am behind a NAT firewall and trying to use remote
    > assistant. I read that I should forward port 3398 in my
    > router. Should this be set to TCP or UDP? And is this
    > the only port forwarded?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have a US robotic ADSL modem router, nat translater...
    I need to use remote assistance with messenger through my router...

    It seems that I am block by my device, what should I do to make it working
    nicely as before ?

    thanks for your help
    regards

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Actually it's port 3389 TCP. However, just forwarding the port probably won't work as this
    > functionality requires Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in the NAT.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Tman" <tsilver@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > >I am behind a NAT firewall and trying to use remote
    > > assistant. I read that I should forward port 3398 in my
    > > router. Should this be set to TCP or UDP? And is this
    > > the only port forwarded?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Windows XP