Remote Assistant

September 7, 2004 4:13:38 PM

I am behind a NAT firewall and trying to use remote
assistant. I read that I should forward port 3398 in my
router. Should this be set to TCP or UDP? And is this
the only port forwarded?

Thanks

More about : remote assistant

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 9:39:58 PM

Greetings,

Actually it's port 3389 TCP. However, just forwarding the port probably won't work as this
functionality requires Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in the NAT.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Tman" <tsilver@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I am behind a NAT firewall and trying to use remote
> assistant. I read that I should forward port 3398 in my
> router. Should this be set to TCP or UDP? And is this
> the only port forwarded?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 3:50:03 PM

I have a US robotic ADSL modem router, nat translater...
I need to use remote assistance with messenger through my router...

It seems that I am block by my device, what should I do to make it working
nicely as before ?

thanks for your help
regards

!