Nosferatu's Coil / Siggard's Stealth

Hey there :)

Recently i wave been browsing an auction pages and found that item
interesting. as far as i have read in the net there has been some strange
thing with this item in the past. can anyone share his knowledge about it?

When u look on this image:
http://img07.allegro.pl/photos/oryginal/62/6236/623666/62366631

you clearly see something is strange right? the seller say this item is on
CBN non ladder.

When u look here:
http://www.diablo2guide.com/database/unique-items/nosferatus-coil-id817.php
or on the Arreat Sumit page (bottom):
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/ubelts.shtml

You can see in notes for Nosferatu's Coil belt that "The 1.09 version of
this item is called Siggard's Stealth once you upgrade to 1.10."

What the hell is going on in here?

This item is also called Bug Belt on some sources. What is a story behind
that mighty item. I am just curious, was it really a bugged item, or was it
too powerful and Blizzard resigned and cancelled it / and made a new item
(nosferatu) aou of it.

Then,,... wa it only available in realms or in SP/TCPIP also? When was it?
which patch?
Any additional info? :)

Best regards
Byru

Byru wrote:
> Hey there :)
>
> Recently i wave been browsing an auction pages and found that item
> interesting. as far as i have read in the net there has been some
> strange thing with this item in the past. can anyone share his
> knowledge about it?
>
> When u look on this image:
> http://img07.allegro.pl/photos/oryginal/62/6236/623666/62366631
>
> you clearly see something is strange right? the seller say this item
> is on CBN non ladder.

I don't know what CBN means, but this belt is either bugged or fused.

> This item is also called Bug Belt on some sources. What is a story
> behind that mighty item. I am just curious, was it really a bugged
> item,

I am really not into any of those bugged items, but there were times where
it was possible to merge the stats of different items; on Europe I remember
a Buriza armour or Horadric boots.
http://forums.ag.ru/files/buriza_armour.jpg

Ah, on dii.net there is an article about it.
http://www.diabloii.net/columnists/a-items-origin.shtml

> or was it too powerful and Blizzard resigned and cancelled it /
> and made a new item (nosferatu) aou of it.

No, the 1.09 Nosferatu's Coil had a variable stat, the 1.10 version had
fixed stats. That is the only difference.

> Then,,... wa it only available in realms or in SP/TCPIP also? When
> was it? which patch?
> Any additional info? :)
>
> Best regards
> Byru