msn messenger & routing (NAT)

Hi everybody,

i use msn messenger on my computer, that is behind a computer that does
proxy/router functions.

I've done some routing rules for ICQ to make file transfer working for my
computer, and i will like to do the same for msn messenger, but everything
i've tried seem not working.

someone has worked with this problem and can help me?

I've found this info:
Rule Protocol Local port Remote port

MSN Messenger file transfer TCP Any 6891-6900

begin 666 wpxl.gif
M1TE&.#=A`0`!`+,``````( ```" `(" ````@( `@ " @(" @,# P/\```#_
H`/__````__\`_P#______R'Y! $```\`+ `````!``$```0"\$4`.P``
`
end

"Black-Out" <me@somewhere.it> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> i use msn messenger on my computer, that is behind a computer that does
> proxy/router functions.
>
> I've done some routing rules for ICQ to make file transfer working for my
> computer, and i will like to do the same for msn messenger, but everything
> i've tried seem not working.
>
> someone has worked with this problem and can help me?
>
> I've found this info:
> Rule Protocol Local port Remote port
>
> MSN Messenger file transfer TCP Any 6891-6900

Audio for MSN Messenger 6.2 requres that UPnP be enabled
which is a checkbox within your router setup/configuration. It
may be necessary to upgrade your router firmware.

You don't have to do any port forwarding for MSN 6.2, whatsoever.

will wiork the same with msn messenger 6.1?