I upped this just to gain a bit more speed.Anyway when
I added a Shael it increased it 4 more levels(30 to 34).
Now im sure when I upped a perfect steel driver it
retained its level when I added a Shael anyone know why
this happens and would a 15% IAS jewel be better for
retaining the level?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

kavlor2003@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I upped this just to gain a bit more speed.Anyway when
> I added a Shael it increased it 4 more levels(30 to 34).
> Now im sure when I upped a perfect steel driver it
> retained its level when I added a Shael anyone know why
> this happens and would a 15% IAS jewel be better for
> retaining the level?

What is the level requirement on a Shael?

I added the Shael afterwards but I didnt expect its level to go into
the cubing equation.Ill have to remember that in the future
thanks anyway.

kavlor2003@yahoo.co.uk, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I upped this just to gain a bit more speed.Anyway when
>I added a Shael it increased it 4 more levels(30 to 34).
>Now im sure when I upped a perfect steel driver it
>retained its level when I added a Shael anyone know why
>this happens and would a 15% IAS jewel be better for
>retaining the level?

What was the order? Shael and then upgrade? Or upgrade and then Shael?
Shael has a level requirement of 29, and a regular to exceptional upgrade adds
5 to the level requirement of an item. 29 + 5 = 34.

--
Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

kavlor2003@yahoo.co.uk, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I added the Shael afterwards but I didnt expect its level to go into
>the cubing equation.Ill have to remember that in the future
>thanks anyway.

Hey, I'm just getting started. :)

Actually, it turns out that isn't the reason, in this case (the shael). It's
because a cutlass has a level 25 requirement (cutlass being what the blood
crescent became when you upgraded), and an upgrade to exceptional recipe adds
5 levels (25 + 5 = 30).

For future reference:

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~deykea/d2weapons.html

However, what you socket into an item WILL have an impact on the level
requirement, in cases where the jewel/rune has a higher level requirement than
the item being socketed INTO currently has.