How to have audio conversation on windows xp behind a wire..

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can have an audio conversation on
msn messenger 6.2 on Windows XP?
I am working behind a wireless router (Linksys).

Is there any ports I should open up? Any clues as to what
the port numbers are?

Pls help....

Thanks!

"Pauline" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I can have an audio conversation on
> msn messenger 6.2 on Windows XP?
> I am working behind a wireless router (Linksys).
>
> Is there any ports I should open up? Any clues as to what
> the port numbers are?
>
> Pls help....
>
> Thanks!

Audio for MSN Messenger 6.2 requres that UPnP be enabled
which is a checkbox within your router setup/configuration. It
may be necessary to upgrade your router firmware.

You don't have to do any port forwarding for MSN 6.2, whatsoever.

You will notice two things after you have enabled UPnP in your router.
In MSN Messenger 6.2, under Tools ---> Options ----> Connection
down towards the bottom of the window it will say "UPnP....." (good)
If it is not working its says "non-UPnP..." (bad)

The actual message is a bit longer, what matters is UPnP or non-UPnP
What does Advanced Connection Information (above) report?
People have said UPnP is enabled but that has not actually been the case.
You should also notice a new section under Network Connections:
Internet Gateway with a new icon.

Regards,
Stephen

TRENDING THREADS