Ping Hmmm: Update 9/7/2005

Hey there, how are the PCs acting lately. Good I hope.

My youngest is doing much better but we are still giving him the
inhalants every day. Damn I prefer to give the kid sugar, the steroids
make him more hyper than I care to see him. He head butted my tooth the
other day. Good thing we survived that ordeal. So I'm not sure yet if
this weekend wil lbe a go for me. I won't know if he can come off the
'roids until Friday. I'll have to keep in touch. And you'll have to let
me know if your PCs are all set.

I just discovered last night while playing HC with Bongo that my
Symantic Live Update can kick in in the background and cause my PC to
starting pinging out like crazy. It actaully performed an update while
I was playing in HC and now I know that it has been doing this quite
often. fortunately I had just left town while helping Bongo rush a mule
through NM and was able to safely get back to town and wait it out. I
did not know what was going on at the time, jsut that I was getting a
lot of skipped frames and jerky screen action with freezes. When I
minimized D2 to the taskbar I saw the Symantic message box in the lower
right hand corner.

Now I have to make sure the Live Update is either off or set to only
kick in at certain times, like the middle of the night.

I would not want to see this on my screen.

------------
Orion Ryder was killed by Symantic Live Update.

You have died. Your deeds of valor will be remembered. But your PC is
free of viri and will continue to be. Now go call Geiko and save money
on our car insurance.
-------------

I'll be in touch.

Orion

Hi Orion,

Nice to learn that little Tyler is getting better! He head butted your
tooth!! You really made a strange decision by trying that Delirium hat
on him!! (seriously, i hope that the pain was not too excrutiating..and
that eating solid food is still an option for you !)

"Real life" has kept me away from playing Diablo for the last week or
so. Then, i cant tell if the game freezing problems are over or not. I
will give it a try tonight and let you know. (But reading the "Just
ridiculous" thread, it seems that BNet is severely shitting on the
carpet!)

About the Symantec issue, i have the Live Update set to a weekly check
thursday at 5:00 hrs AM... and i surely dont want either to see the
kind of deeds remembered you described!! (in a very funny way i must
say)

Next weekend may be a bit hard for me as well... How do you feel with
the idea of planning a specific date/hour for the uber game?
I think that sunday the 18th could be perfect (well, for me...). Maybe
middle/late afternoon ?
What timezone are you in? Or where do you live? (i am in Montreal,
Canada, -5 GMT). If we agree on a date/time meeting, i will do
everything to keep a 2 or 3 hours moment completly free. Other then
dramatics events, (or, more likely, total Bnet crashing!)Christine and
i will be there.
Until then, we could try to precise our game plan. (like, what could be
the better approach to encounter Mephisto first?? Maybe we could post
that question?)
What do you think?

I hope that those suggestions are convenient for you!

Louis

P.S.: Steroïds in inhalants for babies !! you are kidding me right?
L.

Man ! I gave it a try...
I played for 15 minutes max...and was disconnected! (no game freezing
though!)
I tried to rejoin the game (private with password)... and got "game
does not exist" stupid message...
My first presence at uber Tristram was concluded on that same sad note!
Christine and i worked hard to get those damn 9 keys..and had fun
getting the organs. But loosing our game after a 3 hours fight in
Tristram was really a BIG deception.
It seems that that disconnection menace is still alive and well...
I dont know what to think right now...

Louis

hmmm! wrote:
> It seems that that disconnection menace is still alive and well...
> I dont know what to think right now...
>
> Louis

Ahoy!!

A quick rehash from an earlier thread.

During mepf i put your pally on fanat and your
girlfriend's is on salvation. After meph dies then I switch to
conviction and your girlfriend turns on Zeal.

Keep in touch thru email and thru this NG.

Now do we have 9 keys? 3 body parts? Are we just running around on
Saturday for a while? Or are we heading into some portals to hunt for
body parts.

I just realized, that a disconnection problem, if it is an ISP problem
on the part of your ISP, if I am in the game and you and your girl get
disconnected, the game might stay up.

Wow! Alone in Tristram! Now that sounds exciting. (puffs up chest and
hides any form of trepidation that is trying to surface). I hear that
if you run out the portal it gets stair trappy on your way back in. If
the current engaged uber is low maybe I can finish him off, but if it
is the last one I have to back off and await your return so that all
the hero flags drop. Unless those are useless and I should finish off
the last one and grab the torch for you before the game crashes. (You
get the torch of course). Now if I die while you are tossed I have to
wait for your return before I leave game and re-enter.

On Saturdays I get on about 7 EST and possibly even as early as 6 EST.

I am making an EUS account just so I can come there and go into a
private chat room with you before we start. The account name will be
OrionRyder.

Looking forward to it

Orion

> Ahoy!!
>
> A quick rehash from an earlier thread.
>
> During mepf i put your pally on fanat and your
> girlfriend's is on salvation. After meph dies then I switch to
> conviction and your girlfriend turns on Zeal.

Well,zeal will always be on.(except for some veangeance with physical
immunes). After Meph's destruction, you may switch to Conviction and
Christine will provide Fana. My necro will be trying to do some crowd
control and stay alive!!. I will need corpses though for revives...

> Now do we have 9 keys? 3 body parts? Are we just running around on
> Saturday for a while? Or are we heading into some portals to hunt for
> body parts.

I have 3 body parts. If we can meet Saturday, we could go anywhere you
like...maybe a little Tristram visit to decide our sunday's trajectory
coul be usefull...

> I just realized, that a disconnection problem, if it is an ISP problem
> on the part of your ISP, if I am in the game and you and your girl get
> disconnected, the game might stay up.

I probably will. If we are disconnected and unable to reach the game
back, i will immediatly email you to have some news.

> Wow! Alone in Tristram! Now that sounds exciting. (puffs up chest and
> hides any form of trepidation that is trying to surface).

Well, I'll try not to take that too personnal (while gently cleaning
tears on Christine's face...)

> I hear that
> if you run out the portal it gets stair trappy on your way back in.

It is "trappy" everywhere downthere! Personnaly, I use the portal quite
often and find it convenient for replenishing purples (or
beer),polishing or changing game plan or simply take a quick wrist
break !

> If
> the current engaged uber is low maybe I can finish him off, but if it
> is the last one I have to back off and await your return so that all
> the hero flags drop. Unless those are useless and I should finish off
> the last one and grab the torch for you before the game crashes. (You
> get the torch of course). Now if I die while you are tossed I have to
> wait for your return before I leave game and re-enter.

If we are really unable to reconnect, i will let you know via email and
we could discuss then what are the best options.

> On Saturdays I get on about 7 EST and possibly even as early as 6 EST.
>
> I am making an EUS account just so I can come there and go into a
> private chat room with you before we start. The account name will be
> OrionRyder.

I will do my best to meet you then. What is the whisper command ?

> Looking forward to it

Same here

Louis

Hello Orion,

Sorry for last night... (did you get my email?)

At what time would you like to smash the 3 ugly faces ?

Louis

Hello Louis,

Darn I had the email up but I did not notice that it had timed out. So
whatever you sent I did not see. I am gonna read it now. I am gona head
to EUS and see if u r there.

Cheers

Orion