Transfering Messenger comntacts between different acccunts

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is it possible to tranfer all of the messenger contacts form my old address
to my new one?

Thanks Tom

Greetings Tom,

Yes you can, however it's not an automatic procedure, your contacts will need to add the new
address to their contact lists.

To do so, sign into Messenger using your current Passport, click the File menu (or Contacts
menu if you're using MSN Messenger 6) and then select Save Contact List. The default filename
should be fine, and just save it on your Desktop.

Then, sign-in to your new Passport in Messenger. Then, click the File menu (or Contacts menu
if you're using MSN Messenger 6), then select Import Contacts from a Saved File, then locate
the file you just saved on your desktop and select it. Your contacts will be readded, and
they'll all need to add the new name to their list.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to tranfer all of the messenger contacts form my old address
> to my new one?
>
> Thanks Tom

TRENDING THREADS