lose my saved game on format?

Greetings,
I need to nuke&pave my disk. If I backup my save game and put it back
after re-install; will it still work online?

Thanks.
delwin

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Delwin wrote:
> Greetings,
> I need to nuke&pave my disk. If I backup my save game and put it back
> after re-install; will it still work online?

Chars in the save folder are for single player, TCP/IP, and Open Battle
Net games only. Yes, restoring manually to that folder will enable you
to play in all three of those types of games. The save folder is
meaningless for Closed Battle Net games. (Well, not strictly true. Your
character maps are stored in there, thus enabling tools such as Map
Hack to function).

-Jason

Jason wrote:
> Delwin wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > I need to nuke&pave my disk. If I backup my save game and put it
> > back after re-install; will it still work online?
>
> The save folder is meaningless for Closed Battle Net games. (Well,
> not strictly true. Your character maps are stored in there

And your hotkey layout is stored there too.