Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card and System Upgrade Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 21, 2002 12:15:48 AM

I was just wanted to know if some of you all could help me with a question. I have a

PIII 933mhz
512mb of RAM
Win XP Pro
Soyo 7I72 Motherboard
Award 6.00PG Bios
Geforce 2 MX 400 Card

I plan on upgrading my system in about six months, but I wanted to get a new graphics card now. I was looking in to getting the Ti 4200. I just wanted to know if I would notice a difference in my gameing, and if I might run into any problems upgrading to a newer card. I mainly play Madden 2003, Neverwinter Nights, and War Craft 3.
a b U Graphics card
November 21, 2002 12:37:28 AM

You will see a BIG improvement in gaming with a new G4 4200 card. Plus it will take a few processes of of the cpu. Which will make cpu intensive games faster also.

I aint signing nothing!!!
November 21, 2002 3:02:16 AM

I upgraded from a GF2 MX400 to a Ti4200 and I am thoroughly impressed. There is no question you will notice a difference. Although your CPU will be bottlenecking your new video card a bit. But you will still notice a healthy improvement.
Related resources
November 21, 2002 7:52:45 AM

Sounds like if you get a new vid card you plan on keeping it for a while so might be a good idea to get the 128MB version.

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
November 21, 2002 11:03:20 AM

You mean the 7IS2? That's a good board, you have a good CPU, all you need then is a good video card and you're gaming. You won't experience compatability problems either.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
November 21, 2002 12:33:36 PM

I just want to thank all of you for your help. You have answered all the questions that I needed to know. Finally I received some straight answers.
November 24, 2002 5:54:12 PM

Don't buy a Gainward card. They do not respond to support/tech requests (non-existant support).
!