whiteboard & msn messenger 6.2

I am using messenger 6.2 and I am trying to use whiteboard but it gave a
message saying that I need the latest version of messenger. So I click the
link and guess where it took me to: To download messenger 4.7.

why is that happening? I thought that 6.2 was the latest.
Anybody please help or explain.
thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about whiteboard messenger

    Greetings David,

    6.2 is the latest *MSN Messenger* -- the whiteboard component requires *Windows Messenger*
    4.7 to be installed.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "david z" <davidz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using messenger 6.2 and I am trying to use whiteboard but it gave a
    > message saying that I need the latest version of messenger. So I click the
    > link and guess where it took me to: To download messenger 4.7.
    >
    > why is that happening? I thought that 6.2 was the latest.
    > Anybody please help or explain.
    > thank you

    I never uninstalled 4.7 all I did was to download 6.2 and run it. Let's say
    6.2 replaces 4.7 now if I download 4.7 again am I going to have two messenger
    (4.7 & 6.2) or what will it happen?

    Well if whiteboard requires you to have 4.7 then why in the world is the use
    of having whiteboard in 6.2 and you can't use it?

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings David,
    >
    > 6.2 is the latest *MSN Messenger* -- the whiteboard component requires *Windows Messenger*
    > 4.7 to be installed.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "david z" <davidz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am using messenger 6.2 and I am trying to use whiteboard but it gave a
    > > message saying that I need the latest version of messenger. So I click the
    > > link and guess where it took me to: To download messenger 4.7.
    > >
    > > why is that happening? I thought that 6.2 was the latest.
    > > Anybody please help or explain.
    > > thank you

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP