Necro Skill Points

Being a noob I am wondering where to go from here. I have a L60 Nec playing
in NM Act V. I maxed my Skel Mastery a couple of levels ago. This is what I
have:

0 in Poison
1 in all Bone with 2 in Bone Spirit

1 in all curses

20 in SM
8 in Skels AND Mages
5 in Golem Mastery
2 in Sum Res
1 in all others

I would like to put more into B Spirit for the added damage but would it be
a waste of points? I am also thinking Sum Res and Golem Mastery. How many
more skill points can I expect to get after going through Hell?

Roland

Roland wrote:
> Being a noob I am wondering where to go from here. I have a L60 Nec
> playing in NM Act V. I maxed my Skel Mastery a couple of levels ago.
> This is what I have:
>
> 0 in Poison
> 1 in all Bone with 2 in Bone Spirit
>
> 1 in all curses
>
> 20 in SM
> 8 in Skels AND Mages
> 5 in Golem Mastery
> 2 in Sum Res
> 1 in all others
>
> I would like to put more into B Spirit for the added damage but would
> it be a waste of points? I am also thinking Sum Res and Golem
> Mastery. How many more skill points can I expect to get after going
> through Hell?
>
> Roland

Before you spend any more points MAX Raise Skeltons.

Also, I like to add points to Corpse Explosion, nothing quite like helping
to wipe out stuff 3 screens away.

However, max out Raise Skeletons first.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:25:46 GMT, "Roland" <steel@NOwoh.rr.com> wrote:

>> 0 in Poison
>> 1 in all Bone with 2 in Bone Spirit
>>
>> 1 in all curses
>>
>> 20 in SM
>> 8 in Skels AND Mages

IMHO, 7 wasted on mages, and go max skel warriors. They get more
effective with each added point regardless of how many you actually
raise.

>> 5 in Golem Mastery
>> 2 in Sum Res
>> 1 in all others
>>
>> I would like to put more into B Spirit for the added damage but would it be
>> a waste of points? I am also thinking Sum Res and Golem Mastery. How many
>> more skill points can I expect to get after going through Hell?

Each additional point get less additional benefit than the previous, so
1+ skills sufficed for me.

Consider maxing Dim Vision to stop ranged attackers from seeing you,
allowing you to control the fight, consider maxing Confusion so the
fight doesn't focus on *you*. Either one is a good use for skill
points.

The spear/spirit question is a matter of taste...

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker

Roland wrote:
> Being a noob I am wondering where to go from here. I have a L60 Nec playing
> in NM Act V. I maxed my Skel Mastery a couple of levels ago. This is what I
> have:
>
> 0 in Poison
> 1 in all Bone with 2 in Bone Spirit
>
> 1 in all curses
>
> 20 in SM
> 8 in Skels AND Mages
> 5 in Golem Mastery
> 2 in Sum Res
> 1 in all others
>
> I would like to put more into B Spirit for the added damage but would it be
> a waste of points? I am also thinking Sum Res and Golem Mastery. How many
> more skill points can I expect to get after going through Hell?
>
> Roland

IMHO:
max skel master (as you have)
max skel
max skel mages
1 or two in revives
A Lot of +skills on summoning, focus on that. You're skels will be
*very* powerful and will be able to handle hell very well.
A lot on corpse expl.
Forget bonespirit and the other bonestuff, they're totally useless unles
you max it out

THis is for HC, on SC some other strategy will be better, I dont
know...in HC you will want protection...

TRENDING THREADS