Goddamn new patch

Every ^%$&* time they put out a new patch it does the same thing: "Waiting
for files to close". I can NEVER get a patch installed by connecting to
BNet. NEVER.

And, of course, this new patch doesn't yet have a separate download link
apart from BNet.

Anyone have any suggestions?
8 answers Last reply
More about goddamn patch

    "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Every ^%$&* time they put out a new patch it does the same thing: "Waiting
    > for files to close". I can NEVER get a patch installed by connecting to
    > BNet. NEVER.
    >
    > And, of course, this new patch doesn't yet have a separate download link
    > apart from BNet.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestions?

    Perhaps you could fix what is wrong with your computer so it would work like
    all the other millions out there that properly process the patch.

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:44:45 GMT, "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >And, of course, this new patch doesn't yet have a separate download link
    >apart from BNet.
    >
    >Anyone have any suggestions?

    Wait for a downloadable patch to be linked on the web site?

    eudas
    Inside of every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud.

    "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in

    > "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Every ^%$&* time they put out a new patch it does the same thing:
    >> "Waiting for files to close". I can NEVER get a patch installed by
    >> connecting to BNet. NEVER.
    >>
    >> And, of course, this new patch doesn't yet have a separate download
    >> link apart from BNet.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Perhaps you could fix what is wrong with your computer so it would
    > work like all the other millions out there that properly process the
    > patch.

    Yes it dows on blizzard under support. I just downlaoded 1.11b from
    there.

    > Yes it dows on blizzard under support. I just downlaoded 1.11b from
    > there.

    Expansion 1.11b
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/pc/LODPatch_111b.exe

    Classic 1.11b
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2/patches/pc/D2Patch_111b.exe

    Byru

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote in

    > No, they should just fix their own computers, or pay someone with a
    > bit more than half a brain to do it for them. I have five PCs here,
    > all self-built. Four of them are running LOD (with individual CD keys)
    > and they all downloaded the patch just fine.

    Well what can you say... I'm using a Compaq, that is XP compliant as per
    the MS listing. and I had a problem loading the patch. (Mind you first time
    its happened.) it told me to re-install Diablo II and LOD and try again,
    ?

    I downloaded the actual patch file and it patched correctly. (Go figure ?)

    Who am i to argue..

    > Expansion 1.11b
    > http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/pc/LODPatch_111b.exe

    thanks for the link.
    pity thing is, the patch is always increasing in size it seems, now 6,7MB,
    although the changes were really small.
    this means no playing tonight, only waiting for this file, on my poor old
    modem...
    stefan

    "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message

    > "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Perhaps you could fix what is wrong with your computer so it would work
    like
    > all the other millions out there that properly process the patch.

    Excellent suggestion. I will be sure to contact Dell to ask for their help.

    By the way, the standard off-the-shelf Dell machine has always had this
    problem, while the PC I built myself has never had any problem. Same
    network, DSL line, account, everything. Each time there is a new patch it's
    the same thing...their installation program somehow thinks that a file is
    still open, and won't update the program until it thinks everything is OK.
    Usually this requires a series of iterations that include numerous
    rebooting, and often I have to get the file from a separate download.

    I finally managed to get it to work. None of this would be a problem if I
    weren't so damned addicted to this game. I think the real long-term
    solution is some kind of intervention.

    On that special day, doodles, (tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com)
    said...

    > And, of course, this new patch doesn't yet have a separate download link
    > apart from BNet.

    It has.
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/pc/LODPatch_111b.exe

    Gabriele Neukam