can't use voice on messenger - only chat

September 12, 2004 10:57:35 PM

I've been able to use the chat feature on messenger but
not the voice feature. I have XP Professional. A
website suggests that if one user is behind a corporate
firewall (which I am), it may not work. Is there a work
around that?

More about : voice messenger chat

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 5:47:54 PM

"julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been able to use the chat feature on messenger but
> not the voice feature. I have XP Professional. A
> website suggests that if one user is behind a corporate
> firewall (which I am), it may not work. Is there a work
> around that?

Skype at www.skype.com is free and provides good audio quality.
It can be used at the same time as the webcam (if that works for you).
!